• Views Views 1,320

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
New 100 Rupee Note To Be Issued Shortly. Here's What It Looks Like

This colour was missing 🙂

v56gbh78_new-rs-100-note---rbi_625x300_19_July_18.jpg

New Rs 100 note: Finally, country gets first made-in-India note - Times of India

The Reserve Bank of India has released a new Rs 100 denomination banknote in the Mahatma Gandhi series with a Swachh Bharat logo in lavender colour. This is the first note made of entirely domestic materials.
“This note is designed in India, printed on currency paper made in India. The ink is made in India and even the security features have been made by Indian companies. This is a dream come true,” said Kaza Sudhakar, who recently retired as managing director of Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran (BRBNM), which prints banknotes.
The new Rs 100 note was designed in the BRBNM Design Studio in Mysore, Sudhakar added.
The new note will have a different dimension from the existing Rs 100 note, which means that it will not be available in ATMs until the machines are recalibrated.

i do wonder though. what are they going to do? keep two slots for 100 rupee note coz there are two different sizes now?
that seems like idiocy. i guess one way would be to dispense only the new note through the atms.
100 rupee note i think is the first note that is dispensed through the atm and has two different sizes now.