bsnl wireless broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter xxx90100
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 8,276
ISP
airtel
Today i got bsnl wireless broadband (my friend had bsnl wired broadband and he was very unhappy with it so he got this wireless broadband and recomended it to me too )in which they put a small cpe on you roof and connect a wire into that cpe and then into your router. I have opted for 750rs plan that 6mbps unlimited no fup though i can change it to 10mbps upto 100gb then 2mbps unlimited for 745rs. Now i am curious that how does this wireless cpe technology works. How is it different from mobile internet or evdo or bsnl winmax and is it safe for home use. Like this cpe in your house near people or water storange tank on roof (as in my case they have tied it with piper connecting to my "pani ki tanki" so dosent this cpe emit harmfull waves.

hi. what was the installation cost? Please share detailed pics of the CPE.

Its refundable deposit. Its multi-point link. Max speed supported by that cpe device will be 20mbps unless they have installed AC device which I highly doubt.

Its refundable deposit. Its multi-point link. Max speed supported by that cpe device will be 20mbps unless they have installed AC device which I highly doubt.
I am getting 30 Mbps up and 30 Mbps down on this cpe. They are using Mikrotik sxtsq lite 5 device in which they are using 5 ghz A/N frequency band so this device is capable of upto 280 mbps up and down in its 40 Mhz channel width but due to its limited 100M ethernet port you will only get near 95 Mbps and i tested all this on my device using demo id and i was getting 95 mbps up and down. The only difference in AC is that you will get a 1000M ethernet port which cost 4500+GST but getting that device now is useless becuase the max plan they are offering is 30 Mbps. And in last all depends on your Tx/Rx signal strength.
Speedtest :- Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

CPE cost is too high. Are speeds stable?

For 3 days of using it speed is very good. I am getting 780kbps to 820kbps while downloading on idm. I can download 5gb file in 1 hour 45 minutes. speed is very stable even in heavy rain and thunder storm. Though it sucks in csgo game can't connect to any indian servers thats ehy ping stays above 200ms

This is false info and stop spreading lies unless you can show 280 mbps up and down on your device. I have the device you have mentioned its max speeds is 20mbps while in its software it shows close to 30mbps. The most important part you are not mentioning is the distance between the devices. The longer the distance and visibility clear line of sight is the most important factor for getting speeds.

I wrote in that last that speed depens upon Tx/Rx signal strength and tower is 500m away from my home with a clear line of sight so i get a strong signal strength. You are not getting the signal strength for 30 mbps speed. Why will i tell lie LOL. I'm enjoying my 30 Mbps unlimited in 299 rs only 🙂

I wrote in that last that speed depens upon Tx/Rx signal strength and tower is 500m away from my home with a clear line of sight so i get a strong signal strength. You are not getting the signal strength for 30 mbps speed. Why will i tell lie LOL. I'm enjoying my 30 Mbps unlimited in 299 rs only 🙂
I enquired regarding this 299 plan..and they denied saying that no such plan is available in wireless..

There is no such plan anywhere. I checked even on Haryana website. Only one I could find is 30mbps 100gb for 1200rs