WHATS A DC HUB?IS IT POSSIBLE ON MTNL BRDBND?

• Thread starter Thread starter arun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 7,243

arun

Regular
Hey guys!I would like to know what a dc hub is.Isit possible on our mtnl broadband and if so how?please help!

if its possible on the net... it shud be possible here( i doubt if static/dynamic ip is an issue.)

Originally posted by dearashwin@Aug 11 2005, 11:29 PM
if its possible on the net... it shud be possible here( i doubt if static/dynamic ip is an issue.)
[snapback]20987[/snapback]
[/quote]
have you tried connecting one

i don't think it can be done on MTNL...but one of our members was just too sure and said he'll try, but never heard back anything back on that from him as yet...

It can be done on every internet connection..just another way to share files..question is if its feasible or not...it works best if u r on a lan coz u have high speed and no download limit...one user can run the hub software..others can connect to him using the client software and browse each others files n download..BTW i have connected to dc++ Hubs and have even downloaded some stuff..it works perfectly on MTNL

Originally posted by cyberwiz@Aug 12 2005, 12:29 AM
It can be done on every internet connection..just another way to share files..question is if its feasible or not...it works best if u r on a lan coz u have high speed and no download limit...one user can run the hub software..others can connect to him using the client software and browse each others files n download..

BTW i have connected to dc++ Hubs and have even downloaded some stuff..it works perfectly on MTNL
[snapback]21011[/snapback]
[/quote]
what speed do you get on that?

@cyberwiz...doesn't DC Hub work on the "broadcast" funda on the LAN???any idea how it works on the WAN (internet)???

arun, i got around 20 KBps once and 15-16 KBpsat other times..haven't downloaded much from it...speed is again related to the upload capacity of the guy u r downloading fromCoolbuddy, i have the client software installed..i haven't really gone into the specifics of the server software...but i am sure it can be done on any internet connection.I find overnet, kazaa and bittorrent to be much better...they dont require u to connect to hubs and have most of the content that u require...finding files on DC network can be quite a pain..u first have to find a hub..that itself is difficult unless u know the address as in case of a LAN network amongst friends..there is only one website i knw that has a good searchable list of hubs..then there is share problem..unless u r sharing a specific amount ,the hub will kick u out..even if u manage to stay on, the user having the file u r interested in might not have free upload slots and he can even outright deny u the file which is impossible in torrents

Hmmm I was under the impression that we could achieve upto 10Mbps('cause our LAN is connected at 100Mbps).Is there any other way to achieve such speeds?

if u hv DC hub running on ur LAN u can definitely acheive good speeds but only over the LAN not the internet....downloads over the internet will occur at the speed provided to u by ur ISP no matter which P2P software/download site u may be using

yup... n using over lan u can also search the user's files which is an advantage over clients like nassi which only allow transfer of files n chattin.

So will that mean that if I am running DC hub on LAN and not on the net my 500Mb quota of DSL:NU wont get affected?

U cant have a LAN over DSL, its possible with ISP's like sify, exattnet & hotwire not with MTNL

yup... mtnl dosnt link u over to a lan network... im thinkin of strikin a deal wit my cable operator n gimme just lan conn. for a month altho i wont have his net...

do u have 2 LAN cards??? if yes, then it's ok...otherwise, there's not a great sense in that...the decision is always urs 😀