Amazon India News & Updates

great. yet another product with no return policy. a power strip. trying to get a replacement now.
the easy return policy on Amazon has turned into a joke.

seller is not going to be happy. they created a new delivery request. return would not happen. seller basically lost an entire shipment. what kind of nonsense is this? from where i see, seller is at a massive disadvantage here.

seller sent a doa product this time around. again non returnable. again on chat with Amazon customer care trying to see what solution can be provided. what a mess.

refund issued. no return again. insane situation. poor quality control. seller does not check the product properly before shipping. there is no return but Amazon issues refund to the customer. seller is out of two products and no money. insanity all around.

Lots of products on Amazon are now marked unreturnable. AmazonBasics is mostly under the same category. Have a tripod lying with me that I could not return on the day of delivery even though it is not something that cannot be resold.

Amazon has changed the font on their product pages.

NxVClpz.png

Amazon Prime Video: Amazon may explore integration between Prime Video & its other offerings, Technology News, ETtech

Amazon may look to integrate some of its products on its e-commerce platforms for in-app purchases through secondary screens on its video content, according to one source. “You will be able to buy clothes a character is wearing on the show from Amazon India’s store,” a person in the knowledge of the development told ET.
“Long term these are possibilities. Amazon’s goal is to make it as easy for the customer to get what she wants,” he said “We are always looking to innovate. For example, the new show Comicstaan has a skill built into Alexa, where you can ask for a joke from a comedian,” he said.

qinz7BG.webp
p6BVtoW.webp

So I ordered a set of towels few days ago from Amazon India.
I did pick the option of delayed delivery for that Rs. 15 cashback but it would not be applicable in all cases.
They put it on a five day delivery schedule. Alright.

I was going through the Amazon Prime Now app earlier today and noticed that the same item is available through it with same day (i should get it between 10am-noon today!) delivery.
Canceled the order on Amazon India and placed the order through Amazon Prime Now app.

I just do not get Amazon. They have created multiple stores which share products. Prime Now is getting more and more products from Amazon India catalog especially Amazon's own range of products. Fire TV Stick for example is available for 3399 on Prime Now IIRC. And you can get it delivered within 2 hours!

Why not just let the consumer order products from a single user interface. And then ship the product using the fastest/optimal route available to them?
Right now if I have to order a grocery item, it could be available through all three product offerings Amazon, Amazon Pantry and Amazon Prime Now. With different pricing and delivery schedule! What a mess they have created.

Also of course, from what I have read, they would be pushing Prime Now heavily during the upcoming Prime Day sale. I think they want to switch to Prime Now in cities where it is available for a bunch of categories. Seems like a logical option. But frankly speaking... When I think of buying something, I tend to launch the Amazon app on my phone and not Amazon Prime Now. But from the looks of it, it makes more sense to check Prime Now first. Because of much faster delivery!

Last edited: