Hathway Broadband is offering static ip for Rs. 3500 in Delhi

Mr_mime

I got banned!
Not sure if they were already offering static IP to others but they just started in my area.

For static IP you need to pay Rs3500, it is one time payment.
You can get static IP for free if you pay for whole year but i think it is negotiable and they will provide you even with 6 month payment.

They have also started offering 'surveillance plans' and they are offering their own cctv and installation with static IP.

They also give one month free if you pay for 3 months and two months free with 6 month and six months free with year plan.
But in my opinion no one should pay for 6 months in advance even if their ISP is flawless, you never know when it goes to shit.

Why would anyone want Static IP except for the CCTV (Asking in-general)?

i used to use resilio sync for data sharing over the internet. on double nat, speeds on 50mbps connection are shit. i was getting speeds of 0.5mbps.

static ip helps in a lot of things like running a web server (probably the reason why isps do not like it) along with media servers using which you can stream your locally stored files over the internet. so for example... you can make your entire music/movie library available over the internet and stream from your home machine while you are traveling.

Why would anyone want Static IP except for the CCTV (Asking in-general)?
There are a lot of other needs. I mostly SSH/remote connect to my home PC to do my work (as of now I am tunneling everything through a Google cloud instance). Plus gaming with friends you need a static public facing ip. Also I would like to host a tor relay (not the safest thing I know, have to read more about it but yeah xD) . These r some reasons

I recently renewed my ACT connection in Hyderabad for 2 years and no matter what they refused to give static IP unless 250 was paid per month. 3500 for a on time payment seems nice.

Anyone knows that YOU Broadband keeps it ports open?...probably the only ISP left as of now.