• Thread starter Thread starter muttster`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 11,356

muttster`

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Triband + TATA night u/l
hey man !got a question for u..were u able to fuse sify n mtnl? me just taken sify 256kbps..would be nice if i could fuse it with mtnl..even if sify gives me 20kBps i'd reach 100kBps at nights easily..

no u cant bridge those 2 connections....believe me ... i've tried....its sify's fault.

hey !actually i dont know whats bridging connections.ive been successful in using incable and mtnl together..whats different with sify? I use wingate and configuring it is easy.......

Lol, you can't combine connections from 2 different providers and expect a cummulative speed. They are bridged in parallel not series. The only way you can get more throughput is if you download from the same source and that too differnet files. Assuming they can upload to the total of your availble bandwidth.So 2 clients bound to the respective NICs pulling differnet files from the same source or differnent ones.

@muttster...i cudn't do that coz i just have one LAN card and MTNL was not stable on the USB, so i dropped that thing altogether...i think u can do it but then u'll have to connect Sify first with the other LAN card disabled at that time...once Sify is connected, then enable the other LAN card and then connect it...this is just my thinking...don't know/have never checked if it will work this way...@blr_p...it can be done...in fact, muttster was doing the same till now with MTNL and incable...now when wants to do it with Sify + MTNL...

coolbuddy: thanks i think u r right..same way i did it with incable..you gotta disable other lan card ..login and then enable..it works like a charm..thanks for the replyblr_p: it works really well with newsgroups and http downloads. i get 82kBps all the time on newsgroups..doesnt work great with BitTorrent.

hehe sure thing 😛 im really greedy have my eyes on 105kBps atleast 😛in 7-8hours every night i should suck up 2gb+ 🙂

hehe i got a 400gb sata and 80gb maxtor and 120gb samsung..though my 400gb sata got short circuited and has gone for repair..should be back in a week or two..lets see else comp guy will give me a 160gb harddisk in return....i can always burn on dvds and cds..but i dont d/l every night..sometimes i sleep early :mellow:

@muttster how are u gonna get 105KBPS ?sify would give u 32KBps2 DSL Nu's will give 64KBps32+64 = 96KBPS

maybe nite time he gets more... sum of these lines giv. min bandwith as x... but it can go above that wen traffic is less