Existing BSNL FTTH users, please provide your reviews.

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 14,770
ISP
Jio Fiber
With BSNL launching very attractive FTTH plans, there is a need for reviewing the performance of FTTH.

I recently reached out to BSNL before applying for FTTH and they informed me that the installation and maintaining of FTTH services are done through outsourcing of contract but the service responsibility is of BSNL. So this has raised apprehensions about service quality of FTTH.

So existing BSNL FTTH users, please share your experience.

In areas where BSNL does not fiber of their own they provide connection through LCO's who use BSNL bandwidth. I recently applied for a connection and today I was informed that I will be getting connection from a LCO and not directly from BSNL. I asked how does it work, the person said the maintenance and repair work of the fiber cable will done by the LCO. Billing is done by BSNL. He also said if the LCO is not providing proper you can directly complain about it at a certain Landline number which he gave it to me. So in short service will be dependant on your LCO.

Been using FTTH for 3 years.
The best service from BSNL so far.
Minimum downtime and speeds are very stable.
Have been recommending to all my friends.

If anyone has option to get FTTH instead of DSL then they should opt for it.

Thank you for your response. A further question

Who provides you with the fibre connection? Is it from BSNL itself or do they outsource to some local cable operator(LCO)? Because in my case they will outsource it.

Hi,
I am opting for BSNL FTTH from existing BB&LL connection. Let me know how the service they are providing. How much did they charge for installation and Modem/ONT? I have a very pathetic experience from BSNL BB & LL service. Please provide your valuable reply.

Thanks,

Hi @Shubham ,
Did you got BSNL FTTH connection. Unfortunately, I don't have JIO fiber connection and Airtel has doomed me few weeks back promising Optic Connection and they provided Copper cable connection with 1/5th the claimed speed.

Very good service so far. Gets the speed and uptime as they promise.

Even though they don't provide new high speed tariff plans to rural areas, I have good opinions about BSNL

But I haven't had much issues during my usage period. So i don't know their service/maintenance quality. So i cant comment on it. I dont know they repair/support in proper time or not. As per internet speed and uptime is concerned, so far so good.

In my area BSNL ftth is working fine.4 people took connection alongside with me and using it, from last 5-6 months without any major downtime
it cost me total 4200rs all the modem and installation and security etc.i also got my connection through LCO

Last edited:
My experience has been good enough. Usually get full 100mbps. Considering I'm in kind of a rural area and there's no other ISP serving my specific area, it's pretty amazing. Routing is a bit spotty and weird things happen once in a while.
My connection is provided by LCO.

I am bit old customer of Bsnl from 2016, used adsl for 3+ years with no major problems in those years. But u can't expect more speeds in adsl as everyone knows,I moved to fibre connection given by lco and billing by Bsnl, not faced single issues from past 4 months, getting bit more speeds and I must say its very good. In my location Bsnl is very good. Its better to check once and then decide.

Hi @Shubham ,
Did you got BSNL FTTH connection. Unfortunately, I don't have JIO fiber connection and Airtel has doomed me few weeks back promising Optic Connection and they provided Copper cable connection with 1/5th the claimed speed.
I got JioFiber in June 2019. So no BSNL for me.

Changed my plan on selfcare on September 30 night to Fibre Ultra and nothing happened. They upgraded existing users including me to 200 Mbps /4 TB FUP in October then this month the selfcare portal request finally got changed to Fibre Ultra plan.

Downloads speeds are as advertised. Upload speeds though are quite abysmal. Overall I can't complain as I have no other ISPs serving my area and the uptime is quite good unless there is some serious underground fibre cut.