BSNL New 100 Mbps FTTH plan

• Thread starter Thread starter jtnrao7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 9,979
great plans!...this and the 777 plan
Airtel intends to shift to FTTH at my location within next two months. If they deny to lower price and up the FUP (currently 1099 for 250GB), I will then later shift to BSNL who are bringing their FTTH to my location within 4-6 months.
EDIT: oh...only 90 days introductory offer...and huge router costs...typical BSNL.

Last edited:
Airtel intends to shift to FTTH at my location within next two months. If they deny to lower price and up the FUP (currently 1099 for 250GB), I will then later shift to BSNL who are bringing their FTTH to my location within 4-6 months.
EDIT: oh...only 90 days introductory offer...and huge router costs...typical BSNL.
How much charges for router we need to give for FTTH?

I'm also thinking the same but I have changed my mind after knowing. Abt pings

Currently I'm Airtel bb 899 40mbps (100gb+750gb)

They only provide ONT on which only 1 LAN port is enabled, I was going to buy a router anyway so that's not a problem for me. Will contact them tomorrow and see if plans are available as websites are reporting that this plan will be available from tomorrow.

You would require a gigabit router to get full 100mbps speed right? Do they also provide router with rental?

Not necessarily, a good fast ethernet router is capable of handling 100 Mbps. The lower end variants may not be able to do WAN to LAN at 100 Mbps though.

I would just buy a good wireless router on my own rather than getting BSNL provided wireless routers. To answer your question, yes they do provide some shitty wireless routers on rent, but not worth IMO.

They only provide ONT on which only 1 LAN port is enabled, I was going to buy a router anyway so that's not a problem for me. Will contact them tomorrow and see if plans are available as websites are reporting that this plan will be available from tomorrow.
Do let me know which one you get. Even i am looking to buy an ONT with Gigabit ports.

That's the reason for your low pings. Although BSNL does not actually suffer from high ping issue. Even i am on BSNL FTTH and i don't have any ping issue. The connection is very stable and the pings are pretty constant and low.