Best Gigabit Router Under Rs. 3000

Guys i needa Wifi router for my Exictel connection. Earlier wasusing TP-Link 841N. it dead now, so wanted to replace it with a new.

Budget - 1500-200
Type - 2.4 n 5 Ghz
Brand - Any
Area - 2000Sq Ft Single Floor

Please suggest.Thnx

Hey guys!
I didn't buy any router then coz my friend gave me his spare D-Link DIR-615. But since it's festive season,i am seeing good deals on routers and thinking of upgrading to a gigabit one.
I have finalised the following 4 options:
1. Asus RT-AC53 AC750
2. D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200
3. Tenda AC10
4. TP-Link Archer C6 AC 1200
Which of the above gigabit router would provide me the best coverage and speed?
Thanks for helping. 🙂

Hey guys!
I didn't buy any router then coz my friend gave me his spare D-Link DIR-615. But since it's festive season,i am seeing good deals on routers and thinking of upgrading to a gigabit one.
I have finalised the following 4 options:
1. Asus RT-AC53 AC750
2. D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200
3. Tenda AC10
4. TP-Link Archer C6 AC 1200
Which of the above gigabit router would provide me the best coverage and speed?
Thanks for helping. 🙂

@MadAxe , @Notam yes, with the number of router's available, deciding on one is a headache indeed. i'm satisfied with the two Archer c6 routers I own. I got them at 2.3k. It's on Amazon sale today.
Cons - 2.4g coverage seems slightly less than my old TP-Link router. Takes quite a bit of time to restart.
5g has only channels 36-48. Other bands /channels like 149 etc don't seem supported.
Pros - Everything else 😀.

Why I thought about mentioning this was mine is a typical indian older house with thick brick walls. And older 2.4g router had wifi speeds at max 55 mbps, and places where range was very low. That needed to be changed when I moved to ftth. I did consider mesh wifi, but the best Netgear orbi etc is expensive at >25k. Even a budget tplink Deco M4 of two devices was 9k.

Setup details incase anyone is interested... Like @varkey mentioned it's useful to setup two routers. My ont is upstairs. I connected it to my router A's wan port. Setup a new subnet. Drew an ethernet cat6 - 50 feet cable to router B downstairs. Connected to router B's Lan port and set it up as an access point. Configured WiFi with same ssid on A and B, but with different channels.

Now I've 5ghz coverage everywhere. Most places of high usage (fire tv stick, common hall etc having line of sight, connect to 5ghz at 866 mbps). The 2.4 ghz speed has increased to abt 75 mbps, it's coverage is enough to reach a few smart bulbs in my basement garage etc. I kept the wired backhaul incase we wanted to add more smart devices like cameras etc.

Edit ----------adding link
Adding a link for Archer c6 review. This site has a number of routers reviewed and speed tested.

Last edited:
Still can't decide between the two. Can someone provide their inputs?