• Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,889

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
patanjali sim cards: Baba Ramdev's Patanjali ties up with BSNL, launches Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM cards - The Economic Times

At an event, Baba Ramdev launched Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM cards, in alliance with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL).

Initially, only the employees and office bearers of Patanjali will be able to avail the benefits of the SIM card.

After its full-fledged launch, people will get discount of 10 per cent on Patanjali products with this card.

Just with the recharge of Rs 144, one would be able to make unlimited calls across the country, get 2 GB data pack and send 100 SMSs.

Apart from this, people will also get health, accidental and life insurances.

What the f*ck?

yeah. it's kind of amazing. they are not running a mvno. just selling rebranded SIMs. and bsnl is allowing it.
maybe instead of reliance, patanjali would end up taking over bsnl in the coming years.

This is another shock after bank fraud...

Its just BSNL sims branded with Patanjali. Whats wrong in that?
After inserting sim in mobile, people will see BSNL name as operator, but they will be on plan specially dedicated. Similar plans are available for farmers, police, etc by BSNL and even private operators (my brother-in-law is in police dept, and he has Idea Police Plan).

the problem is that these connections are going to be sold to people under patanjali branding.
bsnl would be responsible for all the infrastructure and provide a special plan. but branding benefits goes to patanjali.
corporate plans are exclusive to corporations and are not sold to generic public.
here bsnl takes all the responsibility while all the marketing benefit goes to patanjali.

considering bsnl is a public authority, i am guessing someone would file an rti to find out what sort of deal was signed between the two companies and how much this program would cost bsnl in lose revenues. sadly, bsnl would reject providing this info using the the "commercial confidence, trade secret or intellectual property" clause.

i would not have minded if patanjali was operating through mvno route. where they bought minutes and data in bulk from bsnl and then provided connection on their own platform. but here patanjali seems to be doing very little and getting a lot in return.

This is like a cobranded bank outlet. SBI provides the man power, take risks on loans and npas. Patanjali branding outside on the board.

It was one thing if Patanjali was offering their outlets to sell BSNL services. Here BSNL would be selling Patanjali branded Sims on their outlets.

BSNL would get more subscribers if they freaking make it easy for one to get a SIM card.
From my understanding, you have to go to their exchange to get a SIM or get anything done about your connection.
I mean seriously... What decade are they living in? Few months ago, I tried the home delivery route I was told by calling one of their agents. Nothing came out of it.

yeah. it's kind of amazing. they are not running a mvno. just selling rebranded SIMs. and bsnl is allowing it.
maybe instead of reliance, patanjali would end up taking over bsnl in the coming years.
Its fucking bullshit. BSNL is run by tax payers money. wtf is this shit