Considering buying Spectra. Need some advice

I see. Most of the mobile apps like Zomato, Swiggy, Facebook etc load really slow for me, and has reached a point that it irritates. I am considering switching to some other provider if available in my area. If Airtel FTTH is available, might try that (not interested in their VDSL service).

Ok, Airtel FTTH isn't available in my area, only the legacy copper DSL service with max speed of 40 Mbps. Told them not interested.

Probably won't change anything but try using 1.1.1.1 app on the phone?

Will give that a shot and see how it goes. I've already set the default resolver to 1.1.1.1 on my router.

encrypted dns is always better. i don't know if spectra is doing hanky panky with dns queries like excitel or act(?).

^ So I setup Stubby (with Cloudflre and Google DNS, both over TLS) and dnsmasq (for caching) on my MiniPC and set that as the default resolver on the DHCP server. Will monitor for a day or two.

Over the last few weeks, most of the time, I end up just disabling the wifi and use my Jio 4G data on the phone for stuff to load quickly. 🤷‍♂️

Hello,

I'm from Bangalore and am considering buying a Spectra connection. I need some advice and reviews of their after-sales service, technical help/solutions, downtime etc from people in Delhi who have been having it for a time now. For example I read that the fiber stops working if it starts raining (wth?!)

I know Spectranet has hopelessly terrible reviews from 2016 but I'm hoping they turned around their business model with the rebranding to Spectra.

My usage purpose: Gaming, Streaming, general-purpose downloading of content

Any help appreciated!
Thanks.

Please don't. I live in East Bangalore and I am having internet connection issues for more than half of the time. There is a downtime of 15 hours or entire day and I have their very sms as proof. Whenever I am at home, I am unable to connect. I use my mobile internet for booking cab in the morning every day. When I try to work from home, I am forced to rely solely on mobile internet since Spectra internet is always down.

I had paid Rs. 8842 for 6 months service and in the past 2 months, downtime was more than 30 days. I'm subject to mental stress since I am unable to work while at home, unable to book online services when needed at home and I was refunded for a mere day's service. I am using my Mobile internet which is an additional cost. My modems are always running which is just a waste if electricity too, with the hope of receiving connectivity.

Money and peace lost with this bogus company.

Can somebody tell me why would somebody opt for Spectra if their area offers ACT > 100 Mbps, Jio, or Airtel FTTH.

@aakshey Spectra has unlimited data @ 1 Gbps for only Rs. 2,499 per month approximately at least in Bangalore.

It's the cheapest of the bunch.

Avoid Jio Fiber like COVID-19: Source

Yes.

1. Gigabit doesn’t matter unless you’re getting great speeds, jitter, ping, routing to all servers all the time. In that respect I would rather go with ACT 150 or Airtel 300. Both of which are cheaper. In fact apart from uploads, even Jio might do well for lay people.

2. Almost nobody really needs unlimited data. For most people 1000-2000 GB is as good as unlimited. And all companies these days provide that.

3. Would you seriousply take Spectra Gig Uld over Airtel 300 3333 GB?

4. The most important thing is downtime and service. And routing and consistency to all servers is key too. These things aren’t Spectra’s strength right?

If you only get full speed to Spectra BLR, that’s not really a Gig connection right?

@aakshey Tag the people you're replying to because you're confusing us.

I'm soon moving to Bangalore, I will try all three, ACT, Spectra, Airtel. I will start with Spectra's 500 Mbps plan and see how it goes.

As far as data goes, I consume more than 3 TB per month. I'm a heavy torrent downloader and seeder,

@Dark_Nate I can’t see the option to tag on this website. Please advise.

If you do download more than 3 TB a month, then yes, Spectra is your only option. But I don’t see the point of it.

1. All TV shows / movies can be streamed these days.

2. Nobody needs more than 1 TB worth of games a month.

3. You can’t really listen to TBs worth of songs.

You are tagging correctly. Using "@[username]".

1. Yes, I stream.
2. I seed the games.
3. I seed even more games.

I have 10 TB of external storage. I make income by downloading content based on people's request, as long as it's legal content.

@aakshey I make some income by downloading content on request.

Either way, I consume a lot of data per month. Depending on my location as I'm not always in one state.