Wireless router help

• Thread starter Thread starter sunny553
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,349

sunny553

ISP
Dataone
I have UT300R2U modem and i'm accessing internet at home.Now I wan't to access internet at our church which is nearly 2KMS from my residence.So is it possible to access internet by using any wireless router?which router is best for this purpose?Your help is highly appreciated.Thanks,Sunny

take a new net connection ...............thats best and only plan to youEven the more advanced wireless route that available in market is just have an range of 400-500 meters..

Can BSNL provide parallel connection for using internet either at my home or at church?Sunny

Yes. Distance is 2 KM. Probably BSNL may provide the parallel connection for your phone number but one time annual cost will be high. Quote ii) External Extension to DEL/External Connection (a) 1 km Rs. 1,400 (b) Exceeding 1 km but not exceeding 5 km Rent as per (a) above + Rs. 800 per km for each additional km or part (c) Beyond 5 kms Rent as per (b) above + Rs. 1.500 per km for each additional km or part (Chargeable distance is 1.25 times the radial distanceUnquoteIf there is a BFone in the Church , as suggested by @kanishka get a new BSNL/BB connection.Do you intend to use your laptop at both places ??

You can investigate the parallel connection option.The telephone number in your name. All telephone calls( STD/ISD included , if not barred ) from the Church, by anybodywill be billed to you if a phone is also provided.Get additional splitter to use in the Church ( Rs 30 to Rs 50).

Do i need to pay extra for the parallel conection?I don't use telephone as i need to access only internet at the church.If the cost is high then is there any other way to access internet at this location like remote desktop connection or any other wireless connection?I have both PC and laptop. Thanks,Sunny.

Do i need to pay extra for the parallel conection?I don't use telephone as i need to access only internet at the church.If the cost is high then is there any other way to access internet at this location like remote desktop connection or any other wireless connection?I have both PC and laptop.

Thanks,
Sunny.
Get a new Home250 2Mbps connection in the Church.
Yes. don't use it. No. see my posting about datacard.
Presume you will use laptop in the Church .

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd- Latest News

Now i have decided to purchase USB modem as my laptop does not have PCMCIA slot.So which USB modem is cheap and better for accessing wireless internet of atleast 250kbps speed? As i access internet only for sundays for doing live streaming,so is there any prepaid cards available for USB modem?Thanks,Sunny