I'm taking Sify!

• Thread starter Thread starter muttster`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,669
Originally posted by muttster`@Aug 11 2005, 01:06 AM
hey thanks all 🙂 me sure getting good advice 🙂
The Sify guy said my building has 70 connections! So im hoping customer service is good.as in no to very little downtimes...speed i dont know what to expect...will do lots of speed tests and post results..He's asking for a cheque so installation would take some time..first cheque will clear..etc etc
[snapback]20758[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just go through this page before getting SIFY

http://www.sifycase.org/

lol i've just given him rs. 2295 :s but i wanna c how they r 😛 they got 35connections in my bldg alone and 70 in the 2wings..so i dont expect much downtime tho for speeds we'll see..the thing is inCable's pricing is repulsive..rs.1653 for 64kbps..and u dont get more than 5-6kBps..so i just had to show them the door 🙂 lets see..I can always leave them after a month or two if things dont work out..MTNL is doing fine for me right now...

Sify the looter forever. If you have so many Sify connections in your building then the infrastructure (hubs/switches) will be in place already. Then what the hell are they charging Rs. 2295 for?? To pull some cat5 cables from the nearest hub/switch to your house?God even ADSL ISPs have lower entry fees with all the equipment they have to set up!

hmm true.. rs.1500 for just a cat5 cable from the roof to my comp i think! rs.795 for the 256kbps shared pack....he didnt take any maintenance charges though..