• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 17,236

~Hami~

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I received a pamphlet regarding this. airtel broadband introduces pc secure software... for a monthly rental of minimum 99 is asked for it.

for more info.

go through this

Airtel PC Secure Airtel PC Secure - For a Secure Internet Experience

Airtel has tied up with FSecure™, one of the best in PC security, to provide you and your family with our great value online security package. Airtel PC Secure offers advanced protection for your PC, and the private information on it, from viruses, spyware, hackers and other threats. It detects and removes them as they try to enter your computer, so you can safely read email, chat with instant messaging and download files.
Now surf the Internet, with peace of mind.

:: Airtel :: Broadband Services - Airtel PC Secure

bukwaaass...

Damn 99 per month , someone should sue airtel for their stupidity BTW just checked it costs 700 for a one year licensethey are selling an overpriced version ?

The technician installed it for me along with my Airtel connection. I uninstalled it as soon as he left. I use Avast which is free, so why the hell would I want to pay Rs 99 for a security software. Thank god for freeware.

Dont tell me Craptel is trying to use all methods of making money? Ha ha....Maybe its just for the Noobs and maybe they want to promote Anti-Piracy. But please not F-Secure!

F-Secure came out ahead of a lot of other Anti Virus softwares in a recent test. The prices are the same on the F-Secure website as well. The least Airtel could have done is give us some discount pricing considering we pay such a huge amount for their wonderfully fast connections

F-Secure.com > Welcome!

Why don't fan boys come to these threads where Craptel (I loved that name) is at its stupidest best. lol.BTW: I will recommend using NOD32 from ESet. Its the best paid AV I have seen and used. And the worst is... of course... NAV!!

Nod32 is the best. I concur. worth every penny of the $59 2 year subscription too.

For an antivirus i would always recommend NOD32 but for a firewall,:thumbsup: Antivirus, antispy and antispam bundle get Kaspersky or Zone Alarm.

I am using PC Secure from Airtel since last 6 months, but suddenly when I checked it was not working and put a complaint at customer care when airtel engineer contacted then I came to know that it was not working since then their whole team is struggling to reinstall since last 25 days but they could not.I would say product is bakwas and airtel technical team is not capable.Please don't use this product if you do not like false commitments. :yahoo:

just use avast with zonealarm free firewall and the 450bx1 router, you should be safe enough, as long as u follow common sense during downloading...

Bump!I just installed Airtel PC Secure (got it free with Turbo 1299 plan) and without any doubt I can say that this is the worst antivirus ever!As soon as I installed it, my superfast PC began to crawl. :SBroadband stopped working. :wall:That piece of shit started download heavy updates. :frown😛C Froze. :madness:I had to manually restart my PC. 😡...and guess what - As soon as I uninstalled it, PC came back to life and became 'normal'.Conclusion: Go and buy peanuts worth 100 rupees instead of buying Airtel PC secure.Anyone wants to add anything?

heh. why would you become a bakra for airtel when there are so many good alternatives available 😀

I just wanted to test it. Aur free hai na.. so I installed it just to see how this thing works.Now I'm back to my ESET NOD32 Smart Security - It's the best IMO. 😛

our so called airtel engineers of chennai are pleasing people too much, to buy airtel pc secure:hysterical: i said them i am using avast free antivirus:inodding: