Airtel Broadband: Static IP with Airtel

yes, but u'll have to buy one...by default, it gives u dynamic IP...

Does Airtel offer Static IPs for thier unlimited plans ??Though it was only for the commerical ones. The pay part is esenntially renting the static IP from someone, most likely outside the country. Last ISP i was with they were getting them from Singapore. Rs.1000/yr to have one.

Originally posted by srrao@Aug 11 2005, 11:38 PM
why do you need static ip?

commercial ?

In that case why not pay for it?
[snapback]20991[/snapback]
[/quote]

a static ip can be useful for an individual to start his ftp or game server mate... it's not exactly a commercial usage!

true...it's really annoying when u're running ur server and u have to do lots of setting changes once u restart the modem...

hii could not find out if airtel provides static ip.i go on private trackers and would like a static ip.please helpalso what are the torrent speeds in south delhibith download and upload...can i request for a specific modemthanks

Why would you need a static ip for private trackers? If anything it'll be less secure since ur ip is there for anyone in the swarm to see and it will be easier for sites to ban your ip if they wish to (besides other obvious drawbacks of having a static ip). The only plus point is that it's easier to set up a web-server. But then how many ppl require that and if am not mistaken, ppl here have done it even with dynamic ip's.If you're worried you won't be 'connectable' on private trackers and that you require a static ip to forward ports; then you're mistaken coz it's possible even with dynamic ip's and fairly simple at that. Been using private trackers with a dynamic ip setup for a while without any snags.

Just call 121 from your landline to have static ip address they are definately provide this service.

[thanks a lotfor the informationany users from south delhi who can comment on speedalso static ip helps ensure lesser waiting times on link-removed i know someone with dynamic ip who has problems unless using a proxy..i do not have a airtel yet and planning to move to itso these questions.