BSNL slashes broadband tariff by 50%

• Thread starter Thread starter Suraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 15,714

Suraj

Regular
source : http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=12469

New Delhi: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) today announced a 50 per cent cut in broadband usage charges for its DataOne services whose users with home plan having bandwidth of 256 kbps connections will now have to pay Rs 250 per month instead of Rs 500 per month.

Simultaneously, BSNL introduced a new Business Plan of DataOne with an entry level tariff of Rs 700 for the 256 kbps connection which is lower than Rs 1,200 plan for business users. Under this plan, free upload/download limit is 2 GB. The new tariff is an Independence Day offer from BSNL and will be applicable from August 16, 2005 (midnight of August 15).

DataOne subscribers can now avail of the broadband experience by paying Rs 250 for a bandwidth of 256 kbps but with a download/upload limit of 400 MB.

The higher end Home Plan users have to pay less for the additional usage as BSNL has cut down on its per MB additional usage charges.

There will be no security deposit for Home 250 and Home 500 plans. BSNL has also waived off all installation charges till September 30, 2005.

All Home plan users on DataOne, excluding Home 250, will have unlimited night downloading facilities from 0200 hrs to 0800 hrs.

Further, BSNL has reduced the initial payment for all plans.

Security deposit for all other plans reduced to one month's rental subject to a maximum of Rs 5,000. Billing of DataOne will hence forth not be in advance, but on a monthly basis after usage. One time modem charges have been reduced from the present Rs 2,000 to Rs 1,200 for type-I modems.

The revised broadband tariff was announced by BSNL today on the occasion of acquiring one lakh subscribers for DataOne.[/b]

i can't speak for bsnl users but it plainly sux though. look at when u get the unlimited downloads...from 2 am.

haha BSNL customers start practicing to wake upto to 2 AM and then wake up before 8One thing is for sure they will reduce our sleep hours thus increasing our working time

cool 2 am to 8 am... with no customer support. excellent. i am impressed. happy independence day people.

well, true...but how many dial-up users we have in this forum...so it's basically a sad news for everyone here...and i'm sure rest of the population who uses dial-up won't know about it till it comes in newspapers 😛

Something tells me I need to get my independance day from BSNL sometime soon. The new tariffs are an insult to bsnl customers.

hey but when will be the offiicial announcement from BSNL??and all HOME 500 users get night unlimited ??

if night means 2 am to 8 am 😀 it starts from 16th august as per the article.

the information is night free from 2 - 8 am...rest i don't know -_-most probably it'll be same 1 GB downloads...

I have to spend the rest of my life with dialup & I just renewed my vsnl UL dialup package yesterday. AMEN!