Help me in buying a new wireless router

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,721
I understand wired isn't a viable solution for you, but I have had good performance in having a wired backhaul to the repeater access points. So I just use multiple relatively cheap consumer wireless routers (just in AP mode) with wired backhaul to the main router. I've felt that it works great and always give consistent performance rather than a wireless repeater.

I just setup two D-Link DIR-825 gigabit routers with a wired backhaul for my new Spectra connection yesterday and its working great for Ground + 2 floor house, and am getting atleast 75+ Mbps in most parts of the house. Closer to the routers of course it goes to 200-250 Mbps on 5 Ghz.

So if you get an opportunity do consider wiring Cat 6 cables to major points in the house.

Asus one tend to offer better speed i have found, on Paytm they are avaial. cheap compared to Amazon. I got this its been pretty good so far, anywhere on the same floor speed is as per ISP, with no drop in pings. I have placed the router outside the house, behind a door, then also results have been good,

if you are using on same floor, this one should work well Asus Rt-Ac58U-Wireless Router 1300 mbps !