We are the new entrant to ISP Business - What can make us the best? Boltfi.com

• Thread starter Thread starter BoltFi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 5,277
Some people will abuse your service by reselling their connection and PGs which can affect other users experience. So you should have a system to monitor such abuse if it will affect other users experience.

P.S. - I hope this is not hayai broadband all over again.

And there is no need to tag people in every post, everyone watching this thread will get notification anyway.

Advertise all your plan as unlimited* (if only speeds will throttled after FUP) and in plan details mention about the FUP and after FUP speeds.

Excitel tried advertising their peering and non-peering speed separately which was confusing for mass users so they changed their plans advertising and combined both speeds.

god damn. those are some yummy plans. i really wish you all the luck that your isp business becomes a hit.

as smh said, think of something to prevent abuse of the connection ( like reselling ).

u can advertise like this -
Rs 999 - 1Gbps*
* - Fup** of 500gb then 200Mbps ult
**- Fup only on transit traffic and not peering traffic .

both these stars will be at the bottom of the advertising page in really small letters but big enough to be easily read.

I am sorry, I didn't know you all were subscribed to this thread. I didn't knew what Hayai broadband was and I googled it and found them to be frauds? Well, not in this case. I am here to earn. The plans that I mentioned are not something that are not doable. These companies tend to make big profits and do not want to change their core system, because there are alot of investments and downtimes included which they don't want to touch. Using old fiber cables, still on GPON network, only 1Gbps capable switches and things like that. Technology is getting cheaper everyday, and this is what that will work in my favour. I will not choose to go for cheap hardware and keep reinvesting in things.

Reasons these companies are not able to provide 1Gbps yet:
1. Wireless network on RF's
2. Old cables which are not capable of throughput of more than 1Gbps, even when you are hosting 1000+ customers on each strand of cable. We are choosing to go for OS2 cables, which can handle like 100Gbps of traffic till 4KM, 40Gbps till 20KM and 10Gbps till 80KM of distance.
3. We are trying to use Juniper components, SUPER EXPENSIVE, If not, Cisco.
4. XG-PON ONU's
5. Keeping the network fully redundant with SDM ring.

I will being transparent here,
I am going to add capacity with TATA and Airtel at the start - each 1Gbps
I will add two peering exchanges (10Gbit Ports each) - Mumbai-IX (They are coming to Noida soon, and is the partner of biggest exchange DE-IX) and Extreme-IX - which are cheap and most of the network will run over peering and I will peer with local network to keep the costs low and excellent quality while offloading the bandwidth from transits. (50K INR each)

If you try to get quotes from TATA and Airtel - you will find that offering 1Gbps to each customer is possible with FUP's. I am writing this all just to tell that whatever plan I have mentioned above are doable and is not something revolutionary when spectra is already doing this.

And we are already writing scripts to keeping us informed about the abuse and keeping the network congestion free. And, Using enterprise level applications like Zabbix.

Thank you Aakash,
That seems like a good idea! I will keep the network congestion free, and will offer quality service that's for sure. 🙂

Thanks - Let me know if you guys have any idea for how I can make the service better. I will keep you guys in the loop! 🙂

Holy moly. Those plans are amazing.
Since you are asking.
Check if you can offer static/global IP even if it involves some extra cost.
There are some people (including me) who needs an IP address which is not behind a dual NAT configuration so that we can port forward and access the required machines in my home network from outside.
As of now most isps don't offer this.

EDIT: Also since ONT are not cheap you can offer them to the customer on a security + rent (or only security if you want).

Last edited:
I doubt some guy will provide smooth service with that plans without some serious financial backing.
What will you do when some isp boy cuts your cable every week?
How are you planning to train your customer care team, how many people will be available at a time?
There are numerous problems which I hope you have answers for.

@mayank yadav - Huawei HG8546M ONT - Thunder-link.com It seems like this device does support 1Gbps.

@Mr_mime - I am not freaking away from such problems that will arise. I am planning to have SDH ring, that means, each building will be connected to minimum of four routes which will keep the things up any one link goes down. Keeping the redundancy at the maximum level.

Please have a look at this: Ring network - Wikipedia

We are planning to have 4 small POP's in Noida creating a SDM ring, that means, Each switch in building will be connected to atleast of 4 routes, if one goes down, there will still be three that will keep the network up without compromising the speeds or performance as OS2 cables will make sure that the network run uncongested even if all the customers needed to he hosted on just one route at worst times.

We have been running a great deal of network since last three years, and we are the one of the biggest network around in Netherlands. We are currently maintaining 2Tbps+ super premium network from the transits like Level3(100Gbps), TATA(100Gbps), Core-Backbone(200Gbps), Cogent (200Gbps)and Telia(50Gbps) and shit load of private peering with different networks.
Our network: AS58073 YISP B.V. BGP Network Information - BGPView
Our own IP ranges: 46.182.109.0/24 UltraSeedBox Prefix BGP Network Information - BGPView

We are currently employing ~8 People for the first 1000 connections who will be doing installations, and will provide support. And a network engineer and NOC service from Netherlands. We will start scaling once we will hit 1000 connections. We are not thinking too big at the start. We will take it slow and will scale gradually.

And, I am not sure what MG Carley did, but reading around I found that him to be fraud. I am not going to take payments before hand. 🙂

Let these questions coming, I will love to answer them all. And, I will obviously learn in the process. 🙂

EDIT: I will better have stable connection at just small place instead of having 2 lakh of customers suffering from service. QoS will be there, I will make sure of it. Otherwise, There is no reason to come to this business if you cannot provide something that cannot stand out of the crowd.

Yes, it seems that they have two types of the same model number. One with 4FE ports(The link you posted earlier) and the other with 1GE and 3FE ports.