Indian Government is now seeking tax from banks on free services provided to customers

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 1,839

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This govt has become so shameless in asking taxes for really absurd things.

Also, our govt loves taxing retrospectively. These taxes will be imposed for last 5 years so good luck to us.

Reactions: Smh
this government will also tax you for pissing! oh wait, they already do. its called swach bharath tax plus even those public bathrooms funded by swatch bharath tax also take money from consumers. that means this government taxes people twice for pissing.

i wonder if gst is implemented on the money charged at public restrooms.

i am also kind of baffled that the money being collected for the rape victims through an online service shows 18% GST applicable on it. so government is pretty much taken a fifth of all money donated?

Source

I dont even go to bank. I do everything online.

I dont want and I dont use any additional service from bank. Its just to hold my money and to give me interest.

If bank is saying this is free that is free - I should be given option to not to take it and hence NOT end up paying tax for unwanted FREE services. Because ultimately that tax would go from my pocket.

Delhites who voted for mcd! congrats!
Now edu cess on mcd tax. While it shows as just 1% of total value in reality it is 16% more than previous year tax.
All this when AAP promised to waive off all the tax.

This is a scam. You cannot charge for the services which are free (aren't paid in cash for).

someone on reddit had an interesting point here.
what next? the government would start charging tax on the food that is prepared at home as it is basically an presumptive (notional?) loss on the food that you would have ordered from a hotel instead.

vinod rai syndrome.