Airtel / Hathway / Meghbela CHEATING !! Huge difference in City vs International speed !!!!! TRAHI TRAHI

• Thread starter Thread starter Vikas Kedia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 7,087
Sushubh said:
are of course entitled to find this unfair.

You calling me ENTITLED ?

I am against FALSE advertising. They should clearly say international b/w is capped at 20%

Sushubh said:
try filing complaints with trai and pmo

Already done 10 days ago. I have not heard anything back. I dont think those stupids understand the math shown in the spreadsheet. The max column clearly shows that bandwidth is capped.

I NEED SUPPORT FROM PEOPLE IN THE FORUM.

Please spread this mathematical detailed proof spreadsheet given on Post 1 and shame them so they stop FALSE ADVERTISING.

1. This is not cheating. You cannot win a case against them. Internet works based on peering agreements. Everyone cannot get full speed to international servers since Submarine Cables cannot carry that much bandwidth. That's why large companies like Google, Microsoft, Facebook lay their own Submarine cables.

2. International Bandwidth costs a lot of money. If you need full speed to all international servers you need to take a dedicated enterprise link which will cost you lot of money.

3. This is not specific to India, even Google Fibre in USA cannot guarantee you 1 Gbps to UK, AU servers.

You calling me ENTITLED ?

I am against FALSE advertising. They should clearly say international b/w is capped at 20%

Already done 10 days ago. I have not heard anything back. I dont think those stupids understand the math shown in the spreadsheet. The max column clearly shows that bandwidth is capped.

I NEED SUPPORT FROM PEOPLE IN THE FORUM.

Please spread this mathematical detailed proof spreadsheet given on Post 1 and shame them so they stop FALSE ADVERTISING.
dude. calm down and think for a second. you won't get full speed to international servers. due to peering agreements. this is true anywhere in the world. even people in usa wont get full speed to indian or european servers. thats why websites like netflix Hotstar etc install servers in india so that people in india get full speeds. even if you put a case in courts, it'll be thrown out. read about internet infrastructure before you burst a vein in your head

Everyone cannot get full speed to international servers since Submarine Cables cannot carry that much bandwidth.

Look at the MATH. See the spreadsheet the max is a constant number capped at 20%. This is not about PEERING. This is about CAPPING and FALSE Advertising.

Have you looked at the spreadsheet on the first post?

If it was about peering the speed would have gone above 20% atleast in some instances.

[B][USER=60206]dextermorgan[/USER][/B] said:
even people in usa wont get full speed to indian or european servers.

With due respect, Not getting full speed is different from being CAPPED.

[B][USER=60206]dextermorgan[/USER][/B] said:
read about internet infrastructure before you burst a vein in your head

I have 20 years experience with running data centers, networks, peering, BGP.

even Google Fibre in USA cannot guarantee you 1 Gbps to UK, AU servers.

Yes I have used google fiber. They did not get me 1Gbps but they did not CAP me at 200 Mbps either.

CAPPING Vs Peering Airtel/Meghbela/Hathway have us fooled.

Hathway not only caps their speed they also give seem to peer based on file name resolution :Hathway Broadband to double data allowance, give 1 Gbps speed to take on Reliance Jio | Hathway Broadband
Basically, if you download an ISO from a obscure ubuntu server or something, Hathway will download it from cache. Since I don't think anyone would have gone to that server, Hathway probably resolves it on basis of filename and size.

The main reason I don't like this way of working is in the end we are getting less speed while being promised unlimited. Hathway is offering me 150mbps ul for 550 but real speed is poor and it is probably also due to leechers, PGs and such. I hope ACT and others don't get influenced by this. Maybe they should advertise this benefit

lol. i hope they do more than just matching the name of file and size. i mean possibility of a mismatch is little but still.

1. Hathway already fulfills the TARI QOS requirement -(Try Jio 4G to understand what companies could get away with)

2. It is a 'home' connection which is shared among users so if you need dedicated bandwidth you need to buy a business plan.

3. 150 Mbps for Rs 550 Its really cheap and you have to compromise on quality somewaht. Just a year earlier a lot of users had to pay
Rs 1000 for 2 Mbps with FUP (Non-symmetrical).

4. Welcome to India be grateful you have access to a real broadband connection and not using a 512 kbps connection.

5. You are acting like an entitled teenager, that TRAHI TRAHI post. I don't know what whatsapp messages propaganda you have seen but 'MODI JI' doesn't really care.

Last edited:
Being a fresh expat, I need

Why don't you freshly go back to where you came from? I guess you got excellent bandwidth in the US, considering san francisco would be local bandwidth over there and no international limits would affect your google fiber connection there.

Their international b/w is 20% of the local b/w

CHEATERS !! Be aware !! THEY NEVER SAY THIS ON THEIR WEBSITE

I'm sure they have written fine print somewhere that speeds advertised are only from your home up to their local ISP exchange/node. Anything beyond that is only "up to" X mbps speed :-D

Or ask your co to setup server here in india. You surely would get full speed to data center in india like hostdime, DigitalOcean.

Problem is you can’t sue them unless you use business connection with promised contention ratio as per caf or agreement.
Legally you’re not allowed to use home broadband service for a commercial use.

You can also try diff VPN to overcome this problem if latency is not an issue.

Being a fresh expat, I need 100Mbps symmetrical to do my work effectively.
They quoted me Rs 2 Lakhs a month. That is $3500 per month. International price is $50 per month. And FEKU talks about International competitiveness.

Well.... you still are not getting the point...... I will put it in different manner..... Try your US @50$ dedicated international bandwidth connection and see if you 100Mbps across all indian servers..... you will not get it...

The easier and smarter way is already explained by you yourself......

You say capping is @20%...... So take 1Gbps connection from any ISP which should workout to be less than 50$ and you would get at least 100Mbps...