Airtel / Hathway / Meghbela CHEATING !! Huge difference in City vs International speed !!!!! TRAHI TRAHI

• Thread starter Thread starter Vikas Kedia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 7,075
ISP
Tata Leased line
Example

Hathway told me they were selling me 150Mbps and here is the REALITY

Code:
Source-to-destination           | Download  |  Upload
------------------------------------|----------------|---------------
Hathway-to-san-francisco  |  22                |      6
Hathway-to-kolkata              | 116                |    57

Their international b/w is 20% of the local b/w

CHEATERS !! Be aware !! THEY NEVER SAY THIS ON THEIR WEBSITE

PROOF:

Testing methodology:
1. Used speedtest-cli
2. Average over 100 runs

From Kolkata I need to work on server in San francisco and talk to client over video conference.

TRAI Here is the evidence with detailed mathematical analysis.

Source

The CHEATING scheme of Hathway, Megbela, Airtel explained:
1. They run speedtest server in the city. (Proof: Speedtest Server List )
2. From speedtest.net when common people measure speed, it automatically redirects to the city speedtest server.
3. Common man thinks he is paying for 100Mbps but gets maybe 10Mbps

They exploit the confusion between:
1. Transit -> 1/10 or 1/20 is OK as long as they disclose. Most do not disclose.
2. Capping -> ILLEGAL -> THIS IS WHAT ALLIANCE HATHWAY MEGHBELA DO.
3. Peering -> Allowed
4. Speed promised till local note -> Allowed

TRAHI -> You have enabled and allowed false ADVERTISING

TRAHI TRAHI MURDABAD

Last edited:
Try changing the DNS on the router to 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary. See if it helps and makes a difference.

Hathway routing is very bad to international servers. So far, only airtel provides best routing to international servers.

Its not just Hathaway, it's same for excitel and spectrum broadband.
For better international speeds ,try using a VPN, preferably one with servers located in same city.

Try changing the DNS on the router to 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary. See if it helps and makes a difference.

DNS has got nothing to do with routing. Routing happens over BGP. DNS only resolves name to IP address.

Hathway routing is very bad to international servers.

Airtel/ Hathway / Meghbela (CHEATERS) have to pay for international bandwidth. So they have throttled the connection without informing anyone.

For better international speeds ,try using a VPN

VPN will not help. As it hides the content of the TCP/UDP packets but the port throttling is still there for HATHWAY to make CHEATING profits.

AIRTEL / HATHWAY / MEGHBELA is FALSE ADVERTISER!! Where is TRAI ~~

Last edited:
according to TRAI

As per the regulation on “Quality of Service standards for Broadband Services” issued by TRAI on 6th May, 2006, a subscriber should get minimum 80% of the subscribed broadband connection speed from ISP Node to user.

BroadBand

so technically what hathway is doing is legal 🙄

The speed difference you have found is not exactly a big secret. I guess you have check speed with different servers. I am not a hathway user. Other hathway users could confirm if international speed difference is that big as you mentioned in your post.

dont waste your time

How can MODI JI talk about indian business compete globally when we do not have good international B/W.

I am not going to give up. TRAHI TRAHI macha denge.

change isp

Look at the spreadsheet for 2 minutes given in the first post. And you will see I have tried Meghbela and Alliance and they are CHEATERS and FALSE ADVERTISING also.

I guess you have check speed with different servers.

If you have a linux machine run this command:

For Hathway <-> kolkata run command > ./speedtest-cli --server 8489 --source 203.163.233.247 --csv

For Hathway <-> san-francisco run command > ./speedtest-cli --server 5026 --source 203.163.233.247 --csv

To install speedtest-cli see: sivel/speedtest-cli

so technically what hathway is doing is legal

False advertising is not legal. Where on their website they are saying international b/w is 20% of local b/w anytime of the day or week.

HATHWAY, MEGHBELA, ALLIANCE CHEATERS AND FALSE ADVERTISERS.

If TRAI will not do anything at-least we can google shame them.

To google shame these multi billion dollar CHEATING companies I have also posted on quora:

https://www.quora.com/unanswered/Wh...ternational-between-compared-to-the-local-b-w

ENJOY !!

Last edited:
If international speeds are important then better get demo before buying.
As said before airtel is your best bet for advertised int speeds.
Still no guarantee you would pass 100mbps each time.

Hi, Hathway or any other small ISP including Excitel doesn't have that good infra. They can't do a good routing or having good speeds for the international servers (theoretically, I am explaining this).

Secondly, If you want to complain TRAI, This forum won't help you. You have to specifically complain the TRIA by contacting them.

Airtel is good only because their Infra and routing for FTTH / V-Fiber is still good (ADSL Sucks big time).

Still no guarantee you would pass 100mbps each time.

I need the b/w at Saltlake, Kolkata. I called Airtel they said they do not have VFiber at my address. The maximum bandwidth they can give is 40 Mbps.

Adidam said:
routing for FTTH / V-Fiber is still good.

How to find out of Airtel has FTTH at Saltlake, Kolkata ? They already said they do not have V-fiber.

Last edited:
To get dedicated bandwidth get a business connection from isp available in ur area or get a leased line.
How much bandwidth u need?

How can MODI JI talk about indian business compete globally when we do not have good international B/W.

I am not going to give up. TRAHI TRAHI macha denge.

ENJOY !!

I read the complete thread just for the TRAHI TRAHI comment..

Your cribbing and cursing won't help... You would be wasting your time and money pursuing TRAI...

That's the way things are here in India, especially under the Feku No.1...

So no wonder these companies selling by false advertisements inspired by Feku...

I think one should have a demo of the service before and evaluate the service on all critical parameters as would be required for the work or take the feedback of service from responsible/ credible person using their service...

Now the best bet would be to talk to your local ISP's/ LCO Meghabela etc.. and take dedicated international bandwidth as advised by others also. And do commit only after the demo...

How much bandwidth u need?

Being a fresh expat, I need 100Mbps symmetrical to do my work effectively.

jisa said:
Talk to your local ISP's/ LCO Meghabela etc.. and take dedicated international bandwidth

They quoted me Rs 2 Lakhs a month. That is $3500 per month. International price is $50 per month. And FEKU talks about International competitiveness.

If Airtel is giving you 40Mbps, it is VFiber.

Airtel 40Mbps FALSE ADVERTISING is ACTUALLY 17 down / 3 up international b/w.

Proof:

at 5 minute mark.

Last edited:
as already mentioned, trai regulations only require isps to provide advertised speeds to their own local gateways.
you are of course entitled to find this unfair.
i assume you can still take these isps to consumer courts and try your luck proving that the services being delivered are not comparable to what is being promised to you.
or maybe you can try filing complaints with trai and pmo about how this disappoints you as a consumer in this country.
good luck with your efforts.