Airtel / Hathway / Meghbela CHEATING !! Huge difference in City vs International speed !!!!! TRAHI TRAHI

gopichandpai

Regular
Regulars
Jul 2, 2008
If Airtel is giving you 40Mbps, it is VFiber.

igloo

Not just Internet.
Regulars
Sep 5, 2008
New Delhi
To get dedicated bandwidth get a business connection from isp available in ur area or get a leased line.
How much bandwidth u need?

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
How can MODI JI talk about indian business compete globally when we do not have good international B/W.

I am not going to give up. TRAHI TRAHI macha denge.

ENJOY !!
I read the complete thread just for the TRAHI TRAHI comment..

Your cribbing and cursing won't help... You would be wasting your time and money pursuing TRAI...

That's the way things are here in India, especially under the Feku No.1...

So no wonder these companies selling by false advertisements inspired by Feku...

I think one should have a demo of the service before and evaluate the service on all critical parameters as would be required for the work or take the feedback of service from responsible/ credible person using their service...

Now the best bet would be to talk to your local ISP's/ LCO Meghabela etc.. and take dedicated international bandwidth as advised by others also. And do commit only after the demo...

Vikas Kedia

[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
How much bandwidth u need?
Being a fresh expat, I need 100Mbps symmetrical to do my work effectively.

jisa said:
Talk to your local ISP's/ LCO Meghabela etc.. and take dedicated international bandwidth
They quoted me Rs 2 Lakhs a month. That is $3500 per month. International price is $50 per month. And FEKU talks about International competitiveness.

If Airtel is giving you 40Mbps, it is VFiber.
Airtel 40Mbps FALSE ADVERTISING is ACTUALLY 17 down / 3 up international b/w.

Proof:

at 5 minute mark.

Last edited:

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
as already mentioned, trai regulations only require isps to provide advertised speeds to their own local gateways.
you are of course entitled to find this unfair.
i assume you can still take these isps to consumer courts and try your luck proving that the services being delivered are not comparable to what is being promised to you.
or maybe you can try filing complaints with trai and pmo about how this disappoints you as a consumer in this country.
good luck with your efforts.

Vikas Kedia

[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
Sushubh said:
are of course entitled to find this unfair.
You calling me ENTITLED ?

I am against FALSE advertising. They should clearly say international b/w is capped at 20%

Sushubh said:
try filing complaints with trai and pmo
Already done 10 days ago. I have not heard anything back. I dont think those stupids understand the math shown in the spreadsheet. The max column clearly shows that bandwidth is capped.

I NEED SUPPORT FROM PEOPLE IN THE FORUM.

Please spread this mathematical detailed proof spreadsheet given on Post 1 and shame them so they stop FALSE ADVERTISING.

Raj

Regulars
Jan 19, 2016
Chennai
1. This is not cheating. You cannot win a case against them. Internet works based on peering agreements. Everyone cannot get full speed to international servers since Submarine Cables cannot carry that much bandwidth. That's why large companies like Google, Microsoft, Facebook lay their own Submarine cables.

2. International Bandwidth costs a lot of money. If you need full speed to all international servers you need to take a dedicated enterprise link which will cost you lot of money.

3. This is not specific to India, even Google Fibre in USA cannot guarantee you 1 Gbps to UK, AU servers.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
You calling me ENTITLED ?

I am against FALSE advertising. They should clearly say international b/w is capped at 20%

Already done 10 days ago. I have not heard anything back. I dont think those stupids understand the math shown in the spreadsheet. The max column clearly shows that bandwidth is capped.

I NEED SUPPORT FROM PEOPLE IN THE FORUM.

Please spread this mathematical detailed proof spreadsheet given on Post 1 and shame them so they stop FALSE ADVERTISING.
dude. calm down and think for a second. you won't get full speed to international servers. due to peering agreements. this is true anywhere in the world. even people in usa wont get full speed to indian or european servers. thats why websites like netflix hotstar etc install servers in india so that people in india get full speeds. even if you put a case in courts, it'll be thrown out. read about internet infrastructure before you burst a vein in your head