Not able to cast on Amazon fire Stick from nexus 5X

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,592
D

Deleted member 13033

I am not able to see casting option once i click on cast on my nexus 5x. Any help to solve this issue would be great.

1. I enabled casting option on fire tv stick

2. Both Nexus 5x and Fire tv stick on same wifi network

3. I am also using a LG smart tv which is showing as streaming option like before. ( its old smart tv doest have Amazon prime etc or casting option hence got the stick)

4. My network connection is bit complicated 😛 How to connect Act via Access point and Switch

I am able to connect to fire tv remote via android app, it detects the fire tv stick fine.

Fire TV Stick doesn't support chromecasting. Cast button does appear in compatible apps like Netflix. But it would not support chromecast only apps.

Ya screen mirroring ? It's, not working here if I click on cast option on my Android device.

I enabled hotspot on one mobile and made both fire stick and another mobile to connect on see netwrok :O still did not connect.

Try installing Google Home app. And see if you can mirror your phone on Fire TV
did that just now did not work, also miracast is not avail with 5x spoke with google and Amazon is saying to work as mirror it needs miracast.

Also i had to contact amazon and google twice to get the correct info, initially google rep told me to factory reset device and amazon rep told me its not supported in India. How do these people even get jobs ? its their HR screenings..

Last edited by a moderator: