• Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 4,203
Hi Shusubh, Please PM or post your link for this

Edit: never mind got it here already 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s better in echo?
I would wait till diwali for this.

Last edited:
i have an Amazon echo. and i got the home mini today.
from what i have noticed in the last couple of hours... home mini does not pick up the activation keyword as frequently as echo.
it could just be my accent.
echo comes with six mics. google home comes with two mics.
alexa also has better voice. and seems to handle more types of queries.
google of course is better integrated with your account.

i would like to know from other people experience. i am sure there are folks here who have both echo and home at their homes. @gopichandpai i believe?

@Sushubh Same issue with my Google Home Mini. It frequently do not wakeup while fan is running. It mostly works fine if the room is silent.

The sound quality in Home Mini seems to be good. I mostly keep at 50 - 60% volume. Also have a TP-Link Smart Bulb which works fine with Home Mini. Have a Chromecast in my parents place, will check the integration sometime soon.

echo is amazing in this regard. and since the dot also has six mics, i assume it's performance should be same as regular echo.
i am pretty disappointed with home mini so far. only makes sense for home automation. and i am not interested in spending money on that lol.
my fan has a remote. and the light has bluetooth support. lol. would need to invest a lot to get voice commands.

if anyone here wants to take my mini at the original offer price of 2999, pm me lol.