• Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 4,747

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Having suffered this a couple of times, I have kind of decided to check return policy on every pricey item I purchase from Amazon India.

Nothing something wonky today. A RAM Chip shows the return policy when I reach there through some routes only. On other routes, it shows a different box related to GST number.

Here are two screenshots.

zGPfqcW.png
TXFzCkw.png

I did not get to see the return policy on incognito mode. I saw it when I was logged in. But I managed to land on the page through my own affiliate link where the return policy was again not visible.

Amazon really needs to make it standard to show the return policy clearly at the time of ordering. It is causing way too much nonsense for shoppers.

uboUbaH.png

ordered this. entire page does not have the word return on it from the looks of it.

Source

they basically expect me to check return policy after ordering the product lol.
i mean a decent company would clearly highlight return policy on each product listing!

same thing happened with me. ordered monitor stand and it was too big. placed return request and they said its not returnable because its "computer accessory" I said where it was written and they said fuck you and redirected me to the above page in tweet. really annoying

things are so bad that i literally have to send them a support query seeking clarification of return policy on every product i am considering buying. or i just assume that the product would not be returnable. this is a massive scam going on in my opinion. they promote easy returns in all their ads but the truth is that today it applies to only a limited range of products.

^ all perishable items are also non returnable. but atleast they refund the money if they come leaking. my 500rs shampoo was leaking when it came. 600rs facepack too was leaking. 200rs tata tea was leaking too. But atleast they give back money after sending some pics.

but ever since my monitor stand saga, I too buy only after consulting the customer care if its a large purchase

I recently looking to buy this chair on Amazon but in reviews I saw that amazon was not honoring returns. I placed an order directly on their website instead which has 10 day no questions asked policy which I confirmed thru their email. I received the chair after 7 days which I think was slower than amazon but peace of mind was worth it

Last edited:
How is the chair? ?

I have been postponing buying a chair for so long... ?

^ I was a bit hesitant really, buying furniture online. But I visited few shops and featherlite showrooms and all of them very fragile and I didnt have the confidence that they would support my 6ft 95kgs weight. and few ones which were good were overpriced imo (8k~16k) plus all of them had absolutely no warranty. featherlite had good chairs but really expensive (10k upwards) and all of them single color.

went with this green souls one. really good lumbar support plus I have confidence in tilt feature which I lacked in those cheap 5k chairs. you can really tilt way back like they show in their youtube video on Amazon page.

regarding few bad reviews I was pretty hesitant till the chair arrived tbh. buy it directly from their site if you want a few k discount over amazon/flipkart. order came in fedex surprisingly

so went through the website. does not inspire much confidence. could not see any return policy. discount code exists but to see how much discount you get, you have to select product, checkout, provide your entire info. the link above tries to showcase 999 as the product price even though it is just booking amount. what kind of assholes are running this company?

so went through the website. does not inspire much confidence. could not see any return policy. discount code exists but to see how much discount you get, you have to select product, checkout, provide your entire info. the link above tries to showcase 999 as the product price even though it is just booking amount. what kind of assholes are running this company?
iirc you have to just checkout to see the discount amount. dont have to fill entire details.

anwyays I went ahead because its an amazojn launchpad company and I was sure its not a fake.

truth be told, I'd rather spend 2k extra to get my furniture offline, and get it delivered to my home then and there instead of waiting 7 days 😀
I really liked a chair model in featherlite and called their big ass showroom near my home 30 mins away and they were like this model is not there saar, pay us token amount of 1k and we'll get it delivered from our warehouse in another city in 3~4 days

iirc you have to just checkout to see the discount amount. dont have to fill entire details.
i did not create an account. and shopify backend won't let me see the payment page where the discount field was till i enter shipping address.