Does my BSNL stats looks ok?

• Thread starter Thread starter mvpcc999
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,361
ISP
BSNL

Source

I dont know. My SNR values and attenuation are not good i think. I'm getting speed around 4mbps at nighttime like after 6pm. But before that I'm not even getting 1mbps speed.

Your stats are just average. They could be much better. Talk to your lineman and ask for a cleaner line with minimum number of joints. If possible ask him for a fresh line. Use this for reference. -- dead tinypic image removed --

More importantly, your attainable line rate is 6016 which is why your max speed doesn't go above 4-5 Mbps. Since November 2017 the minimum speed has been assigned as 8/10 Mbps. The line rate should be close to 10,000 kbps or above for enjoying the assigned speeds. Talk to your JTO/tell exchange officers and inquire about the reason why your line rate is still 6016 kbps. Ask them to set it higher, but do that only after getting your cable fixed.

your attenuation rate is low so the snr margin should have gone up. like sniper suggested contact your line man about the issue.

please keep in mind that the same issue can also be caused due to a faulty modem or due to a faulty adapter

Dumb question but what should i tell the line man to do? What if he doesn't know anything about snr or attenuation.

one thing you can do is to register a complaint saying you are not getting the speed as you should get in your plan. they may check your connection from the exchange and might say the line seems ok , then tell them about the low snr margin your are getting.

lets see how it goes