• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,165

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Facebook Container Extension: Take control of how you’re being tracked | The Firefox Frontier

This extension helps you control more of your web activity from Facebook by isolating your identity into a separate container. This makes it harder for Facebook to track your activity on other websites via third-party cookies.

Rather than stop using a service you find valuable and miss out on those adorable photos of your nephew, we think you should have tools to limit what data others can collect about you. That includes us: Mozilla does not collect data from your use of the Facebook Container extension. We only know the number of times the extension is installed or removed.

When you install this extension it will delete your Facebook cookies and log you out of Facebook. The next time you visit Facebook it will open in a new blue-colored browser tab (aka “container tab”). In that tab you can login to Facebook and use it like you normally would. If you click on a non-Facebook link or navigate to a non-Facebook website in the URL bar, these pages will load outside of the container.

Facebook Container – Add-ons for Firefox

Firefox Multi-Account Containers – Add-ons for Firefox multi containers for multiple sites (facebook2 ,insta ,gmail etc)

but how is this different from just using incoginito window in mozilla or different user browser in chrome

Probably this...

Should you click on any Facebook Share buttons on other browser tabs it will load them within the Facebook container. You should know that when you’re using these buttons information will be sent to Facebook about the website that you shared from.

Not useful for people who use Facebook for login on third party websites like this forum I guess.

If you use your Facebook credentials to create an account or log in using your Facebook credentials, it may not work properly and you may not be able to login. Also, because you’re logged into Facebook in the container tab, embedded Facebook comments and Like buttons in tabs outside the Facebook container tab will not work. This prevents Facebook from associating information about your activity on websites outside of Facebook to your Facebook identity. So it may look different than what you are used to seeing.

if you want to keep you fb usage to minimum
Delete App
Save your login cred in your browser
Login to fb with Incognito mode
Close browser

Share links with copy paste if your are keeping your usage to minimum best idea would be to not share anything just use fb in passive mode may be for messaging friends/family or for complaining to your service providers active on social media.

having the app on your phone is probably the worst thing you can do.
they do support full screen web app which works nicely as long as you do not share from other apps.
sharing is the only reason i have twitter native app installed on my phone. i do all my browsing from the twitter lite app which works much better than the native app otherwise.