Airtel Broadband offering 300mbps plans in Pune

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 6,360

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
ISP
Tata Play 1 gbps, Microscan 500 mbps and PDPL 300 mbps.
Airtel V-fiber has started in Magarpatta township in Pune, the pic posted by the agent on FB group claims "300 mbps speed with exclusive launch offer". So I'm guessing this is not VDSL but either cable/co-ax or FTTH connection.

Has anyone else out there gotten 300 mbps speeds so far?

Airtel V-fiber has started in Magarpatta township in Pune, the pic posted by the agent on FB group claims "300 mbps speed with exclusive launch offer". So I'm guessing this is not VDSL but either cable/co-ax or FTTH connection.

Has anyone else out there gotten 300 mbps speeds so far?
I believe Airtel doesn't have 300 mbps. Could you give the direct link of the group's post?

Here is one of the posts:
Source

The 300 mbps plan is apparently if you go for 12 months advance payment working out to 1800 per month. (plus taxes im sure).

100mbps(upto) unlimited plan @ 2499 is also available in Hyderabad

Looks like Airtel might actually be better/faster in FTTH delivery/rollout than Jio 😱

Stupid Jio hype.

i guess the totolink "gigabit" router should support 1 gbps or 1000 mbps no?

i believe the wifi of that router has 300 mbps limit maybe that's why airtel is offering only up to 300 mbps plans for now.

Only available to apartment complexes where they already have fibre cables setup. 40 Mbps is the max speed available for the rest and they have no immediate plans to deploy ftth for last mile.

i believe the wifi of that router has 300 mbps limit maybe that's why airtel is offering only up to 300 mbps plans for now.
Good chance it's a b/g/n router. For 300 Mbps on wifi one would be needing an ac router.