What is the power consumption of Act Broadband Junction Box?

ISP
hathway
Hello guys, I just booked an Act connection in Delhi. However, one thing really bugs me. The Act representative told me that they would have to install a junction box in my staircase and that it would draw power from my electricity meter. (For which they would compensate me Rs100 per month)

He told me that ,it would use just 5 units of power per month ,but when I searched on google, it says that the box can consume anywhere between 20-30 units per month! Which is really high.

This also has several implications- I will not be able to claim any electricity subsidy in the summer months due to this.

So, my question is- how much electricity does it consume as per your experience.

Previously, I was using Hathaway, and there was no such problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

just surch for GPON Power usage
as ACT Uses GPON

Upvote 0
Thanks @aniladivishnu.2000 . i found this - http://www.ad-net.com.tw/local-powering-options-for-onu-ont-for-gepon-or-gpon/ article online. It says minimum power consumption to be 15watts per hour, ( i won't be sharing the connection with anyone ,as neighbouring houses are vacant/old people who don't use internet. So, calculating by 20 watt (i am giving some leeway) per hour for 24 hours and 30 days in a month we get ~15 units per month . Is this right ? Please correct otherwise. Thanks

Upvote 0
I have same in my service lane. I think 25watt written in max power only if all the ports are connected.
For 1 user at max 10-12watts. Not much diff in my power bill that I can note.

Upvote 0
As @igloo quoted , 10-12 watts per hour for single user is no big deal. It is manageable

400 per box seems really high, even if all the 8 connections are connected. Maybe it is a bigger box which draws more electricity and accommodates more than 8 connections ?

Upvote 0
Good I'll ask them Rs.200 next time. Though there billing is very buggy. Can't understand how the adjustments are made.

Upvote 0
^ Its 8 per box. though usually they don't populate more than 4 per box. because sometimes the switches get tripped so they come back, remove the ethernet jack and place it in another port in the box

Upvote 0