Bharti Airtel News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 15,379
Increasing prices without improving service. They could atleast buy some bandwidth for broadband with the increased tariffs.

Customer service (or the lack thereof) was the main reason why I was forced to port out of Airtel. I've been with them ever since I got my first mobile phone, but their customer service has been on a downward spiral since 2018 or so. In my last month with them, I was barely even able to use internet since my phone would randomly drop down to 2G and the internet would stop working.CC literally made me run from pillar to post, changing sim cards and what not, but nothing worked.

I still don't know what caused that issue, but considering their apathy towards a postpaid user (ironical, considering they only seem to want high paying users on their network!) I had no other choice but to look at alternatives.

It's really a pity, considering that when it worked, I got some of the highest speeds that I've seen on their network, but they seriously need to substantiate their price increase with something concrete. Mere rebranding and spamming the word 'premium' is not going to hold for the long run.

Yeah, but that's for 5G, right? I'm pretty sure mine was a localised issue since I didn't hear anything such from my acquaintances who are also on Airtel. Maybe they screwed something up in the backend, or they gave a defective sim twice (which is hard to believe).

My main issue was that CC was super unhelpful and kept blaming my phone and whatnot.

for me the speed of 4g increased by lot by changing the gear to samsung. they deployed 8 mimo (but i get that rarely, mostly latch on 4 mimo) with speeds upto 200 mbps 4g.

@Rickysin I actually used to easily breach 100Mbps with speeds touching 200 at times back in December last year.

The issues really started in January and intensified last month.

well it can take months to years to fix this issue as per my experience. earlier i use to get 10-15 mbps speed from 2018 to 2022 and then after 5 years they added mimo equipment 🙂

try contact them on twitter

@Sayantan no idea about 5g but in connectionstats on iPhone field test i saw 8 mimo in download. when i do speedtest i can get upto 200 mbps on 4g and if 4 mimo is present then i get around 130-150 mbps

may be they are preparing the tower for 5g