How to connect Act via Access point and Switch

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,117
D

Deleted member 13033

I have a switch in which act connection is installed today and another wire goes from the switch to PC and another wire to AP.
Now what to do as if I login on PC they wifi stops and if I login on wifi PC net stop ?

Act Review:

Pros: Excellent speed and pings, hitting 100 Mbps.
Cons: Torrent site blocked and not cool as in their on 1gb plan, they themselves were showing how fast it downloads movies.

I think you need a router not switch to convert WAN to LAN, a switch just increase ports it cannot perform NAT

switch uses MAC address so you get logged out when you use the same login on multiple devices at the same time.

P.S. I am assuming you are not using any router or modem to connect WAN to switch

Last edited:
yup act cable is going directly in switch.. and via switch other connection to pc and AP are going...

access point is on totally different side of house and it will need fresh wiring...i was wondering if we can do this under current circumstance.

you will have to replace your switch with a router, most routers already have 2 lan ports so you can use them to connect to your pc and access point. If you need more Ethernet ports you can connect your switch to router and then other devices to switch.

I would recommend using a router for better security, it adds a hardware firewall between your private home network and public network.

Shifted to dial up on PC for act, enabled sharing on it ,

used IP generated by windows as default gateway, LAN IP will be default gateway for DHCP of router/wifi, and then give some ips for the pool.
Connection works and it won't ask for login again.

better take any old wifi router, switch off the wireless and use it in place of switch.