Wild Wild Country

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1,006
  • Tags Tags
    netflix
Watching 2-3 episode...... It is not what I expected...... totally changes the perception of Osho........ too much of Shiela

finished this earlier today. great watch. though i end up with the feeling that it ends up showing that americans were fucking racists and they could not digest people doing things that did not conform to their social standards. the show ends up showcasing the whole movement in positive light even though it dives into all the crazy things that sheela and the others did.

I also finished the last episode today.... was delaying it thinking about inevitable ending...

It cleared two misconceptions that I had...

First, as mentioned.... The ugly, hypocrite, Ill educated, orthodox, arrogant, biased and racist nature of American society is brought to fore... which otherwise is projected as liberal, modern and open minded...

Second... How frail Osho was.... Physically, emotionally and spiritually....

Such was not expected of a person of his order...

Personally, it was a shock to me.... I had a high regard for him...... from all the taped discourses, I have had heard...

Surprisingly Sheela emerges as a very strong character in the end.

It was all summed up very nicely by Narain/ Niren...

The producers were also very conservative in commenting/ narrating/ portraying the role of US Govt./ judiciary.... They were/ are no less than today's BJP govt.

the show did not really spend much time on osho himself. how he came to be. they did not even spend time on how he became popular in the first place. how they acquired so much money for the ranch and all the development on it. i think the documentary is more about the whole ranch thing and the four people close to osho who were interviewed throughout the series. only god knows why the americans were so cheerful showcasing their bigotry 30 years after the actual incident.

I finished yesterday "Guru: Bhagwan, His Secretary & His Bodyguard" on Netflix.

It has lot more footage of Osho...... though still showing things... not in a neutral perspective..... more of bodyguards version who was pissed off with Rajneesh and Sheela also was not in good terms in the end......

Though in the end there is a statement from Rajneesh that he forgives Sheela and she was victim of US politics.

Will have to wait for Swami Prem Narain's version for the other/ Rajneesh's perspective......