Wild Wild Country

IBF

Insane Member
[OP]
Sep 21, 2016
Wild Wild Country | Netflix Official Site

Source

You have to see to be a believer.

A Netflix Original documentary series about a controversial cult leader who builds a utopian city in the Oregon desert, resulting in conflict with the locals that escalates into a national scandal. Coming March 16.

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
Watching 2-3 episode...... It is not what I expected...... totally changes the perception of Osho........ too much of Shiela

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
finished this earlier today. great watch. though i end up with the feeling that it ends up showing that americans were fucking racists and they could not digest people doing things that did not conform to their social standards. the show ends up showcasing the whole movement in positive light even though it dives into all the crazy things that sheela and the others did.

Reactions: ijsa

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
I also finished the last episode today.... was delaying it thinking about inevitable ending...

It cleared two misconceptions that I had...

First, as mentioned.... The ugly, hypocrite, Ill educated, orthodox, arrogant, biased and racist nature of American society is brought to fore... which otherwise is projected as liberal, modern and open minded...

Second... How frail Osho was.... Physically, emotionally and spiritually....

Such was not expected of a person of his order...

Personally, it was a shock to me.... I had a high regard for him...... from all the taped discourses, I have had heard...

Surprisingly Sheela emerges as a very strong character in the end.

It was all summed up very nicely by Narain/ Niren...

The producers were also very conservative in commenting/ narrating/ portraying the role of US Govt./ judiciary.... They were/ are no less than today's BJP govt.