Telnet/Shell Help

ISP
BSNL
Hello,

I have ONT device Huawei EchoLife HG8546M GPON for my BSNL FTTH. I am not able to login to my ONT. I just need to understand how can I login.

Background -

I stay in Pune and I had opted for the FTTH from BSNL. Our builder has appointed a thirdparty vendor to get the fiberoptic connection and FTTH setup done. He was providing the ONT at 4k. I was able to procure it for 2.5k so I went ahead and procured the exact same model that was being prvided by the vendor.

1) I was able to login earlier with telecomadmin/admintelecom details and did some configuration.
2) Then I did a factory reset to restore the factory settings.
3) Now I see the login page with HUAWEI logo and HG8546M written when I open IP 192.168.1.1 but I am not able to login with telecomadmin/admintelecom or any other possible combination. It says "Incorrect account/password combination". I tried 40-50 combinations that I could find all over the internet (eg - http://setuprouter.com/router/huawei/passwords.htm). I have also tried the hard reset, 30-30-30 reset. Nothing has worked so far.
4) I am somehow able to telnet the ONT and login with root/admin, did a su and the entered shell. These credentials dont work from web interface.

I am an IT professional but I am not much aware of networking. I am good at shell commands/unix.

Queries:

1) Can I get the web interface login working now that I am logged in into the shell with root access? If yes can someone guide me? A total hard reset via shell or just password reset.

2) I read that hw_ctree.xml file stores the password and is encrypted. Can I get that file transferred from the ONT to my laptop and viceversa? This is what I will be trying with it -
Source

2) When the vendor had done settings on the ONT, he said that he was not able to connect to the BSNL internet and hence he did a factory reset. I wasn't around when this happened. Can there be any other reason like firmware version, ISP has blocked the firmware or anything else other than incorrect settings done by the vendor. Reason I am asking this is because, even if I am able to get the access via web interface, I am not sure if the BSNL FTTH will work with this ONT. Note that exactly same model ONT is working in other flats.

Hi can you login to the bsnl device via telnet? Pls chk and reply.thanks in advance.