Money added to Paytm using credit card now goes to Paytm Gift Vouchers instead of Paytm Wallet (Rolled back?)

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
Is it happening with amount above Rs 500 or for any amount?
I normally add Rs 100 or Rs 200 occasionally. Never added huge amount to Wallet.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
they were bound to do it. I was wondering when. It was a nice way of getting an almost interest free loan, just transfer x amount from credit card to paytm, then send it to bank account and then withdraw it using ATM. charges would be 0.5% (not sure? how much does paytm charge for bank transfer?) as opposed to directly withdrawing from credit card where you'll need to pay ~3-3.5% interest per month.
yup. surprised it took them this long.

just for the record, all money added by debit card isn't affected by this. only credit cards

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
When I select Add Money, I can now see 2 tabs - Add Money to Wallet and Add Money to Gift Voucher.
So if select Wallet and try to pay by Credit card, still money would go to GV?
I dont want to give it a try as I have some balance in Wallet :D

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
yes. they have added a small message at the top of the payment screen. unless of course they have hidden the cc option while trying to add money to wallet.

mayank yadav

Regulars
Nov 6, 2016
Gurgaon
It's not just credit cards. I paid some amount to swiggy via paytm. Since the funds where less in my paytm account i had to add funds via debit card to paytm. The amount was added successfully. I proceeded to pay with paytm on swiggy, the amount got deducted but the order was not placed. Paytm immediately refunded my amount but in the fucking Gift Voucher.I had to pay for the order again because the refund came after 10 minutes. Now i can't even use it in the form of normal paytm cash.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
cashback is already locked. failed payments from debit card should be refunded to source or wallet. sad.