• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,154

itzmynet

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Airtel seems to have started offering 100Mbps on V-Fiber (VDSL) in certain localities in Hyderabad. I have seen hoardings & banners with "100Mbps @ 899" and someone on twitter has posted the pamphlet mentioning the same plan

Source

100mbps is likely to be available in limited areas where they have fiber to the customer's premises.
airtel brochures always highlight the highest speed they offer on the plan. not what they would deliver in specific areas.
i mean on vfiber they had different speed offerings in different parts of my sector. people on the other side of the sector had access to 40mbps, i only had 16mbps and even after wiring upgrade, i am still being offered 40mbps on my side and not 100mbps.
and they plan to slowly roll out fiber to the house and that's when they would be offering 100mbps speeds in my area.

bUbC9t6.png

AFAIK, 100mbps is only availaible on vfiber where the loop length is less than 250m. In other words, you need to be within 200m from the DSLAM. They still haven't started with variable speeds where customers can enjoy different speeds based on the distance. It would have been great, if they would have offered speeds in the multiples of 25mbps. Atleast, if not 100, some could enjoy 75mbps.

they were already providing 100Mbps over FTTH at few selected gated communities from a long time but they have always advertised vfiber at "Upto 40Mbps". for the first time i have seen them advertising 100Mbps on banner ads in a wide area even in normal residential localities.