Airtel Broadband Retention Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter jalanbk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 751
  • Views Views 218,019
Hello, I have taken the Retention Benefits last year and tomorrow is the last day.

How do I take that again and What shall I say them so that I can have it surely?

Since, I called the billing department of Airtel on 121 and they said there is no such offer available on your number now.

Infact, I told him to take the cancellation request for my connection and he said we don't take cancellation request and transferred my call to the unlimited holding music of Airtel where the IVR voice just talks about the ads.

And I had to disconnect the call after that.

Please advice me.

@Amit Sen @igloo @waterloo_sunset @4uziaul

Hi. I'm still looking for the answer if anyone could help me?

Thanks.

@Adidam, what is your current plan ? They have definitely reduced doling out extreme retention benefits after recent changes to their plan i.e 150gb for 899+ gst.
I managed to get 300 pm lifetime rental off on this exact plan after downgrading from 1099 plan. Good luck...

Yes. I talked to them and they have stopped giving extreme discounts. There is only 300 available.

@Amit Sen if your usage is not much? Move to 799 plan.

Since you are taking 150 GB. 799 Has 100 GB.

To make it short, was not really interested in broadband since my preference was using 4G. But since I was long time customer of Airtel they aggreed to offer me lifetime discounts.

Can you give me your landline no via Personal Chat , so that i can give your no as reference to Airtel Retention team and get the same offer ?

Jesus. I just got a bill of 6600 from them for two months. What I am I doing wrong? Clearly I need a new plan.

How do you get this retention discount? Do we threaten to cancel? Coz I already did that six months ago and the gave me a plan of 2500 a month but now its back to 3300 a month 🙁

What do you suggest I say to Airtel to get Retention discounts for the first time?

They activated Ebill only for Dad's Landline (on which BB is used), and say either take Ebill or Paper, not both (wtf?). So I asked to disconnect my number (it is 15 years old).

What can I say to them to give me a good permanent discount-money wise? i.e. no extra data needed.

Thanks!

I am expecting their call today.

Be admant on disconnection they don’t give best offer at first try.
Also make it to their ear that you got an alternate connection already. Helps

yeah. i do wonder though if they maintain a record of new players arriving in areas serviced by them.