i-ON 1Gbps Plan Review

ISP
Rajannet Broadband Services
Broadband: i-ON Broadband (formerly DVoiS-SSV)
Plan: 1Gbps|200GB FUP|30 Days
Rental: Rs.999/month (Inclusive of taxes)

They have mentioned that the speeds would be upto 1Gbps.

Speedtest Results:

Mumbai:

Update: (Tested on my Work PC and results are good. Seems like my Home-PC HDD is bottlenecking)

7024033321.png

qkhxAZV.webp

Old Tests:

7010685540.png

Singapore:

7024049808.png

7010832063.png

London:

7013578549.png

New York:

7013586002.png

nPerf Speedtest:

OVH FR (Gravelines):

235292699-jMbfMO4f.png

10Gbps.io NL (Amsterdam):

9J6Pn3x.webp

Torrent download test:

From Private Tracker:
PeNjURi.webp

Netflix's Fast.com:

BORLpVE.webp

Google Drive Download Test:

PR2ADJl.webp

Will do more tests soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
can you post speedtest results to London and New York

they seem to have too many speed issues on weekend or even randomly during weekdays. right now i barely see 2-3 mbits outside india on a 100mbit line. their international bandwidth is very limited

u on ion as well? i just called n threatened them to shift me to airtel routing frm tata or i wud throw all their equipment off my building !! 😛
i suggest u ask for airtel routing as well. if they get enough ppl repeatedly asking to change the routing it might force them to make the change. initially i had airtel routing and it was awesome back then.
bw what speeds are u getting right now?

Last edited:
I will ask them about it..

Its good to know that they understood your request of changing the routing.. (They seem mostly trained to ask you how many lights glow on router, blah blah.. 😛)

Initially, I was using their 16Mbps plans but was a bit hesitant to move further up due to their frequent connectivity issues. They do take a complete day to fix any issue.. (Most of the times Fiber cut ho gaya hai) is the reason.

Recently, they even reduced the duration of their plans from 90 days to 84 days.

Currently, I am using 10Mbps, better for torrents & as the ISP provides peering, Its fine as long as it works.

Using Jio (4G) whenever it goes down.. for browsing.

Last edited:
i never had any downtime but too much speed issues. their speed is only good within mumbai. try singapore/new york . i use vodafone 4g when i need more speed lol

I had frequent issues and downtime in the month of November last year, before that never faced any such issues. Though, never had any speed issues and always got the advertised speeds.

Regarding to the routing, yes, their Airtel routing has better pings than the TATA one.

After renewing to this 1Gbps plans the pings have increased drastically. I'll need to ask them to change the routing, but will they really do it ?

dont think so. they are least bothered to respond to any issues. but keep asking. maybe if we poke them enough they might do it. what speeds are u getting today to singapore?

i get ard 5 down and 50-70 up outside india ! u seem to be on the airtel routing ! my pings are 180-190 on tata. when i was on airtel i used to get 50-60 odd

give me some link to try. just got a call frm them. dude checked via remote desktop. cudnt manage to do anything. i again told him to fix the routing.