Why there is no constant download and upload speed in bsnl broadband ?

rajujayaraman

ISP
bsnl
Hi, My plan combo1091, usually gives, 10 mbps download speed up to 60 gb and there after 2mbps. But when downloading applications or software, the speed fluctuates anywhere between 2 to 5, some times 10 mbps speed.
Is there any reasoning? Is that depend upon number of users in a particular time or is it some other thing.
I configured the router to adsl2+ , which is giving this speed. My network card is Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller with latest driver installed.
I want a detailed answer from experts.
Cannot they give the same speed to a user please experts

depends on the source of download, some add a cap of 1-2 mpbs unless you go premium

depends on the max speed of the line, check if it is 10mbps(or 8 depending on plan) in modem settings. Sometimes after linemen repair stuff they tend to mess up, mine went to 6.5 once

Use download manager of choice to better handle the variations

BSNL plans are single user

Hi, Thanks for reply. If it is based on single user, then how it get sudden fluctuations. is adsl2+ correct> If i enable this only, i get more than 2 mbps speed.
I mean , i checked the speednet.net.in and router device status, and the speeds are same in both the things.
What should be the real reason for this fluctuations. Even i checked the sdc selfcare site and noted the plan i choose as correctly shown there.
I cling on BSNL for it is a PSU, and i support it in all . I use bsnl mobile etc..
At times, i notice that the speed is correct and at other times, it is fluctuating.
Is there any software that would show on desktop the speed in mbps as in the router? or this will only work if we go to the website to check.
Now i am having 4mbps, but my FUP is 60gb for my 10 mbps speed connection.
I tried adsl2 in adsl driver but that does not give this speed.
Please also say, what is dslam port reset, and how it is done?

Last edited:
I noticed that if u download at 1.24 mbps in idm with 10 Mbps and uploading at the same time the upload stops in between Any work around for this.?

But i dont want to decrease the download speed.Also there are in options in my router modem to increase/decrease download limit.Idm speed limit also doesnt work for me as it still stops the upload.