Getting the connection questions

• Thread starter Thread starter Renny2077
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,607

Renny2077

ISP
Airtel
Hi,I've decided to go for the MTNL broadband connection. I've been trying to do as much research as possible to find out what is required for the application for the connection. I do have a list of questions. I hope someone can help me out by answering them. Do bear with me if some of them sound ridiculous. I'm from the Mumbai area.1. I don't have a phoneline. Do have to apply for the phone connection first before getting MTNL broadband? Can I apply just for the broadband connection and expect them to provide the phone connection?2. What additional documents are required for submission during the application?3. Is there are upfront payment at the time of application of broadband/phone?4. If I do have to apply for the phoneline first, how long should I wait before applying for the broadband connection?Advice welcomeThanks

More Research !
Introduction
1.Where to apply for Broadband Connection?
1. Call Centre at 1500
2. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Mumbai
3. MTNL QCSCs.

2. How much time will it take for the service to be commissioned?
Once the service is made available in your exchange area, the service will be commissioned in 7 days time.

Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Mumbai
If you are a very busy person, and cannot go to nearest Telephone Exchange.
For registering for a landline MTNL Mumbai, Self Care Portal
For registration online for broadband
MTNL Mumbai, Self Care Portal

Not the response I was looking for. I've already visited the sites etc. These are specific questions for MTNL users who can actually put the effort to directly answering the questions.

Ok. I escape, as am not a MTNL User.! You could have added your condition "ONLY MTNL users reply"( all forums are open to all IBF contributers/members)Let other MTNL broadband users put the effort to answer you.Happy surfing .

u have to apply for the phoneline first and then only u will get bb connectionwhile appllying for the same u need to submit some proof of ur residence say ur ration card,pan card or so on.if u apply for the phone connection u have to pay around 2000 bucks as a security deposit.

Ok, I've applied for the phone connection 3 days ago. Still haven't heard from MTNL. Thinking of giving the broadband application as well. How long does it take to get a phone connection?

Phone connection should not take more then 15 days.Broadband is a different thing in terms of wait times. Which area do you lie in?

Not sure about that area. In Malad/Kandiwali it takes at least a few months to get a new Triband these days.

Not sure how this MTNL system works but my friend who stays in Evershine Nagar, Malad (W) got the connection within 3 weeks. Anyway u can never trust these MTNL babus!

I used to lie in that area (Evershine Nagar). Lines are pretty good there. I got connection in a few weeks as well.

Usually the delays are because MTNL does not have the modem/routers which are used at the customers end, I would suggest that potential customers should go & buy the required h/w and install it themselves (lot of help can be found @ this site), also save on the rent.🙂 I did this in dec 2005. In fact my a/c & login as created by MTNL over the weekend thought they never bothered to tell me this till I went & kicked some butt.