Mi Quick Charge 3.0 Charger

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
QC3 is a general standard so would work with any QC1/2/3 and non QC phones just fine.

Reactions: manu1991

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
it does make little sense to get this for oneplus devices which use the proprietary dash/vooc charging :D
or nexus/pixel devices as they do not use qc tech.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
I think dash charging works little differently. In dash, the charger gets heated up while the device remains cool unlike quickcharge

One of the main benefits of Dash Charge (and VOOC) is its ability to keep temperatures low while charging. The fast charging option allows you to watch videos or play games while the phone is charging, with no net drop in charging speeds. That isn't the case with Quick Charge, as the higher voltages invariably lead to the phone reverting to normal speeds to prevent overheating.

Nishant

::IBF Addict::
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
Yup, on Dash Charging the voltage doesn't go up and stays at 5V while the current is pushed all the way upto 4A.

Nishant

::IBF Addict::
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
Bought this for someone who had asked me to get a Qualcomm QC compatible charger without asking him whether he is still looking for it :D

Side by side with my Pixel XL stock charger.

Reactions: Sushubh

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
yup. quantumzero charge has disappeared from their website and amazon. flipkart smartbuy had a variant but that too seems to have disappeared. mi is a solid choice along with anker and aukey.