Airtel FTTH Fiber Broadband in Sector 31 Gurgaon

they changed the box installed outside my house today. they said that plans are to provide last mile fiber to all homes in the coming months but for now vfiber it is. and the new wiring should improve stability and quality of existing internet.

Your speeds have upgraded from 16mbps to 40mbps?

I am still on adsl. 4mbps. Last time I called they refused to give modem for free so I just refused to upgrade. They haven't called me back yet.

alright. got my first call in a while to upgrade to vdsl. the guy offered 899 plan with 150 rupee lifetime discount. and of course, router is now free. refused.
i am guessing they would want all adsl customers to upgrade to vdsl as soon as possible. based on other folks' posts... 300 rupee discount is easily obtainable. might need to go through the social media team to get that offer. would give it a go in april when my abs subscription would be over.

for 1099 plan(with carry forward data + free Amazon prime) Rs.400 discount can also be attained though you gotta haggle a lot.

Just got a notice from the RWA that airtel is deploying fiber in the society(Sector 49,Gurgaon). If any one near this area can you please post airtel's FTTH(not V-fiber) plans here. I wanted to compare them with BSNL's current FTTH plans. Thanks in advance.

Excitel is just better in my area. If Excitel was not there, I would probably stick to Airtel VDSL unless I need the extra speed in which case I guess I would consider Spectra. But then I also have Den Broadband available in my area. It is also not very good but probably would prefer it over Spectra as Spectra push for longer duration recharges which is not something I am comfortable with.

Is this Airtel FTTH cable? black with yellow stirpe and Bharti Airtel written on it... Seeing it finally in Bengaluru

Last edited by a moderator: