Airtel FTTH Fiber Broadband in Sector 31 Gurgaon

ROFL, yes it is the same at all apartment complexes. I live on Sohna Road in an even bigger/upmarket/"put whatever other fancy name you can think of" apartment complex. Ours is no different, they call it multi tier security, checks at multiple locations. Just if the guy comes in from the wrong gate he may have to walk upto 800 mtrs(no jokes) round trip back to his bike/delivery vehicle. They sometimes don't even let me in as I don't have the stupid "sticker" stuck on the car windscreen. Only when I show it to them, they let me in. The older guards who recognise me, they must have at one point received it from me for asking the sticker, usually just let me in. 😛

I do open the door and deal politely with all the delivery guys, in summer I always offer them water as well. I can understand it is tough work, but, most are hardened to the fact that most residents are ignorant or simply don't care. Some are themselves down right rude and arrogant.

Last edited:
how does it work with delivery guys of Amazon/flipkart/myntra/BigBasket/Grofers? is there a different system setup for these folks? delivery guy on bike carrying 2-3 packages or a van full of deliveries for multiple apartments in the society?

Hey,

Can you ask them what plans does Airtel have for Fiber DLF side?

how does it work with delivery guys of Amazon/flipkart/myntra/BigBasket/Grofers? is there a different system setup for these folks? delivery guy on bike carrying 2-3 packages or a van full of deliveries for multiple apartments in the society?

They usually have it setup in such a way that all packages for a specific complex are with the same guy or maybe two or more guys(holidays and big sales). If it is prepaid, the package is left at a "mail room", they guy in charge there informs us of the delivery and then delivers it to us end of day. For the COD packages, he then goes about delivering it to the respective apartments.

i would post the plans when they start distributing brochures. the people i was dealing with were infra guys (mostly labour with a few technical guys). they had no idea about launch date or plans or anything. the guys i talked all said that they would be ready in a week or so. which is kind of hard to believe. they were laying down cables on the side lane of the house in front of mine. would keep on updating as they lay down cable to the side of my house where i park my car ?. hopefully they would not need to damage the cemented platform we got built for the cars to park.

--

most Amazon guys these days call me up and tell me that they are standing outside my house. i would go out and see no one there. they basically call me on route so that idiot me is standing outside waiting for them to first arrive and then quickly handover the package and move on. i guess one cannot blame them as they are paid per delivery and cod customers cost them a lot of time so customers like me can be processed as fast as possible.

Yeah, most of the guys doing the work only know what they have to do and no more. They would have no clue when the fiber will be lit or when it will be in service. As for the platform, there is no guarantee, they do have site plans on what goes where, the cable tunnel machine means that they won't have to dig it up. But, if the plan shows that location as a place where they need to bring the cable to the surface, say for a distribution box to be installed there, then there won't be much you will be able to do.

i just hope they ring the bell to at least get me to remove the car before they start digging the place and not do something like this:

zo2WmaP.webp

though in this particular case, the car seems pretty much discarded. all dusty and parked far from the residence. so maybe they tried contacted the owner but could not locate him. but still lol.

Last edited:
I am in sector 40 here and have been on airtel v fiber (40 mbps) since Dec 2016. don't know why they didn't offer you better speeds till now considering both sectors are just across the road.
With ftth cables being laid down in sec-31, i think they will soon start in sec-40. maybe then they will start providing the 100mbps speed they advertise on their website.

vdsl speeds drops as you go far away from their box (or whatever it's called). from what i have heard, they offer faster speeds on the other side of the sector which is closer to it.

Dhoka ho gaya. Fiber is only till boxes. Last mile is still copper. Only advantage is 40mbps instead of 16mbps. ?

but i already have access to 25 to 200 mbps connectivity from other operators lol.
i mean i do keep an airtel connection handy. but it just costs too much to be used as one of the two connections on my load balancer.