Airtel FTTH Fiber Broadband in Sector 31 Gurgaon

Hey. Post some Photos. 🙂

Congrats.

Who would take their services when Spectra would could(?) soon offer 1gbps for 1450.

Last edited:
Just a few days ago I had a chat with local airtel linesman. He had zero idea about fiber laying. in fact he told me to stop waiting and upgrading to v-fiber already. so from the looks of it, even the local airtel guys have no idea about fiber laying plans.

what is maximum feasible speed under vfiber in your area?

16mbps in my line. that's why i never bothered. running abs broadband and excitel on a load sharing router. also paying for airtel 4mbps adsl. total bill comes to around 820+720+650= ~2200. zero downtime. unlimited data. unlimited calling on airtel landline. static ip means i can access cctv on the move though it's pretty much never really used. have to eventually give up on one of these three isps. would probably dump abs broadband. paid for 3 months yesterday. would probably switch to airtel ftth in april assuming it becomes available by that time. and switch load balancer from balancing to backup.

Who would take their services when Spectra would soon offer 1gbps for 1450.

Does Spectra even serve non Apartment complexes? Even with apartment complexes they are slooooow to deploy, take where I live, airtel got here 8 months after the first flats were handed over, it took spectra over 32 months to get here! That too in a place where there are 29 buildings with over 2000 apartments!

Whats worse is almost 85% of the folks here have airtel, most don't even bother with Spectra due to their stellar reputation they have built up over the years.

It is good that airtel is finally moving towards proper FTTH, they have milked their copper long enough. This also means they will soon be able to offer speeds greater than 100Mbps as well.

Last edited:
spectra has been offering services at a society nearby (world spa. heard pretty interesting story about the security at this place today from a restaurant owner. insane policies!). they label it as part of sector 31 (my sector) but it is pretty far away.

but my local market has been full of spectra posters for a few days now. their promo banners are hung everywhere! i chatted with their support guy on their website few days ago and he said that my area is not yet serviced. he did say that they are laying down cables in my area. i have not seen anyone laying down cable for spectra so i am guessing it was just a standard response.

but i am still confused about spectra banners hanging all around my sector for the last couple of weeks.

6bxpB4lh.jpg

Even here Spectra, like airtel, are a third party, they use the existing fiber infra already in place. Do they have the financial muscle like airtel to deploy FTTH to begin with? I don't think so.

yeah. the likelihood of them laying cables in my sector is very minimal. the brochures are a mystery however. airtel is doing it properly. using sensor type machine and only digging holes after long distances. i am guessing they are using the same pathway that they have for their copper cables.

Ads in your area don't specifically mean they are for you, its just to create awareness and spread the word. Areas with high footfall like a market is perfect for this. Plus I bet they aren't paying too much, if any at all, to hang that thing there. Spectra is also doing big time ads on FM radio as well. When a person calls in they will then discover that they are served or not. But atleast they have called in seeing the ad. They had started putting in flyers in the newspapers delivered to us almost a whole year before they even got here.

The cable tunneling machines are a must these days, can't afford to dig up the whole length of the street in residential areas and invite the wrath of the residents.

heh. seems stupid tbh. they are only disappointing prospective customers. it's not like world spa people are visiting my sector's market on a regular basis. it seems like one of those premium societies where people pay for privacy. the restaurant guy i was talking about had an experience delivering a pizza to one of the resident. he was asked to park his scooter around 150 meters from the main gate of the society. had to get an entry pass at gate and that too after confirming his identity from the resident. and then he had to submit his details again at the reception area of the main building. and then he was asked to use the service lift instead of regular lift. and only then he managed to reach the actual house where the pizza was to be delivered. and the person did not even open the door for him. only dealt with him through a small window in the door. and signed his entry pass to confirm that he did visit the intended destination. and he was allowed to leave only after depositing that signed pass. ?

i imagine you live in a similar (same?) society ?