Indian Institute of Management (IIM) News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 5,641
What year does this start from? Like what happens to the people who are currently enrolled?

IIM is so much acceptable that Degree or Diploma doesnt make much difference.

People who studied previously are mostly well placed.

PS: not to be confused with IIPM!

yes but earlier people couldnt put MBA beside their name on nameplates. they had to put pdgm(iim). Now they can legally put mba

Yes now writing MBA (IIM) would have even more impact!

lol.

does getting an MBA even worth it now days ? as most school teach similar theories now days anyway.. it still did not save global financial crash, and India still does't have any recent big giants in the top 10 globally in terms of revenue,

but in India for almost any type of job which may be for a commerce student MBA is like "thapa " ( stamp) to get a job... i keep wondering if i should do this too just for the sake of it..

^ depends on context.

MBA in foreign is for professionals with few years experience who need to update their knowledge so that they can move into middle management/top level management. But in india, MBA is being given importance for fresh graduates with little to no experience because undergrad degree like engineering simply lost its value because every tom dick and harry is getting that degree and quality of graduates in abysmally low.

what does mba have to do anything with financial crash? people in finance world knew before hand crash is coming but they went ahead anwyays because they knew baks are too big to fail and govt would bail them out (which they did). see the film "Big short" to understand the jist of it

we already have 7 companies in fortune 500 plus many other companies which cater to millions of people. no need to be top 10 in world to carry out the business do we?

Now a days even MBA colleges are churning out MBA graduates like condoms at olympic village. so mba is worth if only if you do it in top 20 colleges (or max top 30). especially for commerce students like me 😛 I got 93.4 %tile in CAT last year but I didn't get into any IIMs so Im not joining this year. Maybe next year.

Main intended use of mba is to gain technical knowledge and move into mid level or upper level management (which comes with increase in CTC) but majority of students in india are not doing that currently. MBA now a days is becoming like Engineering few years back. Lots of colleges churning out lots of shitty graduates. Ive had some friends who earn 6lakh per annum pay 12 lakhs(for 2 years) to get into mba colleges whose avg salary is 7 lakhs. But they're still joining it which doesnt make any fucking sense to me?