Anyone here using Airtel Postpaid Family Plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,331

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Me and mom are on Airtel prepaid. Dad is on Vodafone postpaid. I was wondering if I should move him to Airtel prepaid or switch to a my family plan.

Dad mostly calls. Mom also mostly calls. My usage is mostly about data. 10GB data per month along with 500-600 minutes of data should be enough with 100 or so SMS.

Local airtel store was closed today so could not get details. Would like to get some feedback if someone here is using such a plan.

Family plans are crap for casual users. I was offered 1199+18% for three connections with 100GB data, unlimited calls (local, std, roaming) and 100 SMS/Day.

If I take the 448 prepaid plan on all three connections... I would pay.

448*3... Rs. 1344 for 70 days. Compared to Rs. 1415 for 30 days.

applied for porting today.
the girl at the airtel counter was shocked at how i still do not have aadhaar and kept on warning me that i would have to link soon or my numbers would be disabled.
was not happy as without aadhaar there was a long form that she had to fill so she got me to fill it for her.
anyhow. i was just glad that i was able to apply for porting without aadhaar.
now remains to be seen if vodafone would reject this request. before i got my porting code, they sent me like 2-3 messages asking me for feedback and recommending me to call 121 to get special offers etc.
i think they have even tried calling the dad's phone multiple times since then but the call did not successfully connect because of network issues or something.

did you deposit extra pro-rata rental for next 7 days? only reason sane to reject the request.

well i tend to deposit 1000 bucks in one go so vodafone has around 850 rupees in my balance already. hopefully they would issue the refund soon enough. had to run around to get a similar refund from bsnl. refund for a disconnected reliance broadband connection never came.

anyhow. an update on this. i complained through twitter and they called my dad's phone and did say that they would approve the request on 9th Jan. would update.

Source

no response to this 😀

9Ahg86m.png