• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,207

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Something has changed in recent weeks/months. Earlier when you used Alexa to search for something, Netflix appeared as an option along with YouTube below the search results for Amazon Prime Video. This week, I am only getting YouTube and Silk. Which means that to search on Netflix, I have to load the app, go to search section and then type as there is no voice searching capability available.

Can anyone confirm this behavior change?

You have alexa on your fire stick? I thought it was available only in the US. Or are you talking about search using remote mic?

I always opened and played netflix titles before. I haven't searched for Netflix titles using remote mic before. But I remember reading articles that Netflix titles can be searched using remote mic. Will report back later if I see the same results like you.

the only searching inside netflix app is using the keyboard 😀
i mean it's easier to cast directly from the netflix app on the phone.
the whole thing provides poor user experience as i have to check beforehand if particular movie is available through Amazon or netflix. for amazon i can directly do a voice search from the remote. for netflix, i have to load the app and then find the title manually.
earlier search results would provide direct netflix option where it would load netflix app and show search results from inside it. that's the feature which is missing now.

iirc netflix content was never shown there. but netflix icon was shown. you clicked on it to see search results inside the netflix app. the change is that netflix icon is no longer shown so the search experience is completely messed up. the unified search was never unified but it is now completely messed up wrt netflix. you have to use the search option in netflix and then type on the stupid keyboard to search for a particular title. of course one can use a bluetooth keyboard or their mobile app to easily type in that search box but that's not an optimal scenario!