Airtel FTTH Fiber Broadband User Experience in Chennai

ok,after getting the router pass from CC, the settings show:

DSL
Operational Status VDSL2 AnnexB
Upstream Speed 1886 kbps
Downstream Speed 23628 kbps

The CC guy said he has updated settings i should be getting 40 Mbps after modem restart and waiting for 10 minutes,but i am still getting 20 Mbps download speed.

All new airtel devices are configured with the customer's account number as the password for quite some time now. You can change it to whatever you want after that. 😉

Post a screenshot of the page where it shows the line stats or paste the rest of the details like the attenuation and SNR. 🙂

@Karan

So diagnostics failed: Maintenence>Diagnostics: ADSL Diagnostics failed.

edit: Do i need to configure router using the D-Link Setup Wizard?

Last edited:
@liverpool79 Already told you in other thread that your line and connection is not feasible for the 16 MBPS or more. Move to 8 MBPS.

With 16 or more than this, you are going to face the issues as you are facing right now.

@Adidam I just saw that other thread you mention, I see no issues with the numbers he has posted now. This post above of his was several hours before that. After a firmware upgrade the modem seems to have "woken up". His issue now is with slower speeds on some of his devices. 🙂

Last edited:
100 mbps is not available in my area.Is it worth to go for v-fiber?If I take 40 mbps plan how much download speed will I get in speedtest.net?Also airtel is giving v-fiber with landline.But,I dont want landline because of space issues.So,will I get without landline?

you don't have to keep a landline instrument.
airtel usually gives more than promised speeds so you should get 40mbps on speedtests at least.
upload speed i believe is 5mbps on vfiber.

Okay,thanx for info.Also,I have heard that if your home is very near to your airtel hub then only you can get proper speeds.Is it true?

airtel basically takes care of that. if they are saying 40mbps, you are close enough to get 40mbps. in my case, they were only offering 16mbps on vfiber till a few weeks ago. they upgraded wires and now they are offering 40mbps. some folks on the forum have mentioned that even 100mbps is offered over vfiber if the user is very close to their local hub.

do you have jiofiber in your area? if yes, i assume they are offering services for free right now?