UIDAI makes it mandatory for banks to take consent before changing subsidy receiving account

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 791

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Beneficiaries' nod must for changing subsidy-receiving bank account

The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on Tuesday issued a Gazette notification that makes nod of beneficiaries must for changing their subsidy-receiving bank account.

The UDAI notification asked the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to immediately disable the override feature on the APB (Aadhaar Payment Bridge) mapper.

The notification has been issued after the complaints of certain telecom service providers and banks opening a new bank account of the Aadhaar holder and putting that bank account on NPCI's APB mapper overriding the existing bank account mapping without the consent of the Aadhaar holder.

That nod is already there. But NOT optional.

I recently did Aadhar verification for bank account (I think Axis OR ICICI?) and they have written it on their that link my account and also accept subsidies to this account. (No option to deny that!)

What UIDAI (or NCPI) should do is give ability to users to change linked bank account.

If my memories goes back in time.. Why Airtel is always the first one to get slap on face by authorities and then pay penalties and then process is made to rectifies the issues. Looks like Sunil mittal company is committed to be punching bag of govt.

Last issues was with Jio on providing Interconnect points. TRAI came out heavily and 1000 crore penalty is in house of order..

Airtel always tries to mint money by violating rules.

I have airtel mobile and DTH and everytime I tried to change plan or anything they activate more than I want.

They dont even give what they offer in retention plans.

First they will deduct the money and you are supposed to cry FOUL and then will refund the money with comment "Good will gesture!"