• Views Views 5,157

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
UIDAI suspends Airtel, Airtel Payments Bank’s eKYC licence - Livemint

UIDAI, in an interim order, “suspended e-KYC licence key of Bharti Airtel Ltd and Airtel Payment Bank Ltd with immediate effect,” sources with direct knowledge of the development said. This essentially means Airtel would not be able to, in the interim, carry out ‘electronic-verification’ or link mobile SIMs of its customers with their 12-digit biometric national ID Aadhaar though the efficient and paperless eKYC process of UIDAI.

Also, Airtel Payments Bank will not be able to open a new account with Aadhaar e-KYC. However, accounts can be opened through alternate methods, if available. When contacted, an Airtel spokesperson said: “We can confirm that we have received interim order from the UIDAI regarding temporary suspension of Aadhaar linked e-KYC services till their satisfaction on certain processes relating to Airtel payment banks onboarding of customers.”

Should this not applicable to Paytm who also I read here on forum that they are converting every KYC account to Bank account. So I havent done KYC for my PayTM yet.

As long as they are not using UID verification for Paytm to paytm payment bank account opening - I dont think action will be taken on Paytm

I think airtel used mobile aadhar verification for opening bank account without informing user.

When you either download the Airtel App for the first time or it updates, a small checkbox appears below the login feature which gives airtel the assent to open a Payment Bank Account.

Relevant threads:
Source

Source

Source

And since the checkbox is auto ticked, you have to untick it every time.

Ah! So everything will settle and license will be restored! (with negligible fine)

& What about those millions of account that have been opened by fraud Airtel store guys? i closed mine account by banging head on the wall for a week (It'll take another 6 months after I'll be able to open Airtel wallet account again) because THEY upgraded my wallet amount without my knowledge & since then I can't use my Credit Card on their shi ++y Airtel bank account.
While UIDAI website still shows Airtel bank account linked with my Aadhaar.

Can this be used in Supreme court to prove how massive can Aadhar frauds be?

How do I know if airtel has opened payment bank account for me?